CLC Rear Window / Hatch Trim Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clc180k

Car
MB CLC 180K
Hi, I'm looking for some guidance please on the correct way to remove the interior plastic trim around the rear window of the hatch back of a 2009 CLC.

I have issues with radio reception and I want to gain access to all the heated rear window / aerial connections and the aerial amplifier which I believe is bonded to the rear hatch.

If you have performed this procedure before or know how to do it I would welcome your knowledge and experience on the best practice so as not to damage the trim parts or fixings. Photos would be even better.

Many Thanks

Cliff

It is firm. You have to be a bit brutal with it.

Take out the top trim first and ease it off using a plastic wedge. The others will be obvious when this is removed.

Hi, Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't reply sooner, I expected to get a notification when a reply had been posted.

I got the trim off, needless to say a broke off some of the plastic tabs from the top most piece :( The side bits came off unscathed.

It should go back on and hold with some double sided tape OK.

I have been able to find what looks to be the problem with the radio reception. The right hand side aerial amp unit has become detached from the screen and so it is not making contact with the aerial pads on the screen. I couldn't see precisely what the contacts looked like i.e. if sprung metal or what, but by pushing it back against the screen and wedging it there I got reception back again. Will investigate further after I've been for a run and confirmed reception is normal.

Thanks again Cliff

Hi, Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't reply sooner, I expected to get a notification when a reply had been posted.

I got the trim off, needless to say a broke off some of the plastic tabs from the top most piece :( The side bits came off unscathed.

It should go back on and hold with some double sided tape OK.

I have been able to find what looks to be the problem with the radio reception. The right hand side aerial amp unit has become detached from the screen and so it is not making contact with the aerial pads on the screen. I couldn't see precisely what the contacts looked like i.e. if sprung metal or what, but by pushing it back against the screen and wedging it there I got reception back again. Will investigate further after I've been for a run and confirmed reception is normal.
g.png

Thanks again Cliff
good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom