CLC UHI Microphone poor volume

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beomoth

Car
Mercedes CLC
Hi,
I have a 2008 CLC with Command 2, I have put a uhi cradle in the prewired armrest connection with a nokia 6230i. The phone works ok and has all functionality on command but the microphone volume dies as the call goes on. On connection the other person can hear you then the mic volume dwindles to the extent that you can barely be heard at the other end. I can hear the caller fine and the inbuilt mic works fine with linguatronic (recently replaced a failed linguatronic module) so it is working. Is there a fault in the cradle? or has anyone any experience of this?
I would be willing to buy a bluetooth module but do not want spend the money if the mic volume is going to be a problem with that as well.

Still not working **help anyone

Still looking for some help ::confused:
1. I have replaced the uhi cradle with a viseoo mb4 unit and also various phones and it still has the microphone volume issue even when adjusted to full
2. I have replaced the uhi control unit in the boot with an identical part number from breakers and it still does the same.

Has anyone found any answer to this problem as I have scoured the internet but cant find anything other than other people with the same prob.
The only thing left is the mic or the uhi plate but surely they would work or not work rather than fade away.

thanks

I THINK someone recently had the same problem and Alfie diagnosed it on here but because I have slept since then, I can't remember what he posted. Worth doing some searching on Alfie's posts or with 'cradle volume' or something similar maybe.

As you have linguatronic the microphones connect to the linguatronic and sent round the fibre optic bus digitally. So it is most likely the microphones or the linguatronic controller. There are also 2-4 microphones.

Try linguatronic immediately after the problem occurs. My suspicion is the microphones are warming up (tiny amounts due to power running through them when in use) and failing - but may well be wrong on this.

Microphones are in the rear view mirror and is an integral part of it. So if you don't have autodim mirror worth considering an upgrade at same time

(PS, you have Comand NTG2 not Comand 2)

R

thanks richard I didnt think microphones coulfd fail, if thats the case I will check it out, not sure if mirrors auto dimor not.
Is there any way to take the mirror apart and replace microphone?, it appears to be the one mic version.

Yup microphones can fail. On a 2008 car there should be 2 in the mirror. The microphones aren't available on their own.

Richard

mics

Just had a look an cant see any mics on the underside, there appears to be one cutout on rear see attached, I have taken a picture it looks unlike any other mirror ive seen on ebay ? Do you know if this is correct

thanks

Attachments

• Photo00111.jpg
    Photo00111.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Photo00101.jpg
    Photo00101.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 14
On the new design the microphone "grill" is at the top side of the rear view mirror. Can you take one more photo please.

mew design ?

Here is a pic of the top.
Dont suppose you know what the right part number is or whether you can use a different one from a different model?

thanks

Attachments

• Photo00141.jpg
    Photo00141.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 17
The mirror looks like it should.

If you wanted to find another rear view mirror, you would have to find the part number of your current mirror from EPC and then search which other models use the same part. Would not be easy to find a matching second hand part because of the many options that make the mirror different, not only colour.

mics

One final question and many thanks for all your help...I am determined to crack this :D
I`ve seen a couple on flebay that might be suitable from w204 they are dimensionally and shape wise the same colour and location of fitments the same, however one appears to have only one bundle of cable coming out whereas the other has two, I am guessing that the second bundle of multicoloured cables is for the mics, would this be a reasonable assumption?

ta

At last

I now appear to have the found the culprit... I replaced the linguatronic control unit 2 weeks ago with a new one from ebay , it was a different part no but I read that it would work ok. Whilst it gave me back voice commands it was the cause of the phone problems; as if I put back the original I now have a good phone with no problems....however there is now no voice control again. !
So I think I need the exact part number replacement to work for voice control and phone, the part number I am looking for is:

A2098201385 (dated oct 2007)

Please would anyone have one , when I originally posted about the first issue, it was mentioned Richard might have one, but I didnt get any reply..is it still out there ????:eek:

Could it be a version coding issue if your phone now works, cannot see why linguatronic would not? If I remember right, the linguatronic control unit has a parameter for the number of rear view mirror microphones.

Not sure what you mean

sorry youve lost me there, do you mean that the replacement I got could be coded to work and get the microphones working ? ie a software issue

Beomoth - I don't have one sorry.

What Diesel Benz is saying is that
a) The linguatronic module is what is connected to the microphones
b) There is a setting in it for 2 or 4 microphone which could be set wrongly, and this could be the issue.
- I would try ensuring it is correctly set - which needs Star Diagnosis - before you spend £££ on a replacement linguatronic controller as they are hard to find used.

What part number linguatronic did you actually install ?
Richard

part nos

The original linguatronic where the voice commands no longer display/ work but the phone is perfect is part no A 2098201385 (it has an Oct -2007 date stamped on it) .
The one I bought new( ish) which I put in as a replacement where the voice commands /display works but the phone doesnt ( mic drops out and all echoey)
is part nos A 2038205785 dated 04
Does this explain anything?

thanks

On and on !

Visited local independent for Star diagnostics on unit and it appears that the unit I bought as a replacement can only be configured for 4 speakers, via STAR its the only option.:(
A thought occured to me would it be possible to fit a 4 mic rear view mirror where my existing 2 mic one is, what I mean is does the existing wiring cater for 2 mics or can it be used for 4?.

thanks

Where are you ? You'd have to add extra wiring for the 4 mic mirror, so non-starter

Slightly interesting that you had Mic issues with the old one, and different Mic issues with this one - shame I don't have a known good unit to try :-(

Richard

Oh well

Looks like Ive finally hit a brick wall, thanks for the advice unfortunately I live in Leeds otherwise Id have been down your place in the first instance, guess I`ll just have to keep my eyes open ont internet in case one pops up at a reasonable price. Thanks for all your help........
unless..can original units be repaired to regain linguatronic functionality !! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom