CLC... what auto box???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darren1717

Car
CLC 180K Sport. C class Sport. Audi A5 Sportback.
Hi

So we have a clc 180 sport Kompressor auto. What gearbox is fitted in these, as in the ‘code’, such as 722.? Or however MB call them!

Just interested at the mo... hopefully no issues!

Cheers

Thanks Grober (again!)

Question... so in my C class class, I have settings for E econmoy, C comfort, S sport, and S+, along with I for individual setup. The clc has M, C and S. I thought that was Manual, Sport and Comfort, but I read elsewhere that it was set up as S for standard and C is some form of winter mode, pulling away in second. So, which would it ‘normally’ be driven in, S or C?

Manual, Comfort and Standard. Comfort starts the car in second gear [supposedly helps getaway in winter slippery conditions] and changes up gears at lower revs---- basically a more relaxed drive. Standard starts in first and holds onto the intermediate gears for longer/higher revs - so basically does provide a more sporty drive -hence maybe the confusion. I have always found that in many boxes you can control auto changes with the accelerator- accelerate with the throttle pedal firmly depressed and then by momentarily lifting slightly you can encourage an upward shift. Truth be told many owners simply chose either C or S and stick with that setting that they are used to.

Manual, Comfort and Standard. Comfort starts the car in second gear [supposedly helps getaway in winter slippery conditions] and changes up gears at lower revs---- basically a more relaxed drive. Standard starts in first and holds onto the intermediate gears for longer/higher revs - so basically does provide a more sporty drive -hence maybe the confusion. I have always found that in many boxes you can control auto changes with the accelerator- accelerate with the throttle pedal firmly depressed and then by momentarily lifting slightly you can encourage an upward shift. Truth be told many owners simply chose either C or S and stick with that setting that they are used to.

Agree... you can quite easily make the car drive how you want via the accelerator.
I was confused how the S is standard in the clc, yet some years on the S is most definitely short for Sport now! My C class actually defaults to C, for comfort after being switched off for an hour or so. (Clc holds your last setting regardless)

You live and learn! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom