CLC workshop manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darren1717

Car
CLC 180K Sport. C class Sport. Audi A5 Sportback.
Hi all,

So, new to the forum having just bought my wife a CLC 180 Kompressor (but not new to Mercedes as have a company car C class sport that I LOVE!)

I have been searching online to try and purchase a workshop manual for the CLC but having no luck. Haynes only come up with the diesel version? Cannot see any on eBay either?

So, does anyone know where I can get one, as would like to service and look after the CLC myself as much as I can.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Buy the Haynes manual for the W203 1999-2008. The CLC is the same car apart from (some of) the body panels and headlamps.

The 2009/2010 CLC is based on the W203 facelift to be precise, 2004-2008.

The manual for the Diesel version that you mentioned is in fact for the W204, 2008-2014. This is NOT your car, in spite of the visual somilarity.

Buy the Haynes manual for the W203 1999-2008. The CLC is the same car apart from (some of) the body panels and headlamps.

The 2009/2010 CLC is based on the W203 facelift to be precise, 2004-2008.

Thanks.... erm, so I need a W203 manual for 1999 to 2008, despite it being a 2009 car, right?

Wow... confusing with the dates!

It's normal for MB to introduce the saloon and estate vesions of a new car, then continue and produce the older version as coupe (and convertible) for another year or two.

For example, if you bought a C-Class saloon in 2015 you'd get a W205, but if you bought a C-Class Coupe in 2015 then you'd still get the old W204 that went out of production a year earlier - because the W205 Coupe was not introduced until 2016.

So while the W204 saloon and estate were released in 2008, the C-Class Coupe of 2009/2010 (formally named CLC) was in fact stil the older W203, albeit with modified body panels and grille to make it look more like the new W204.

It's normal for MB to introduce the saloon and estate vesions of a new car, then continue and produce the older version as coupe (and convertible) for another year or two.

For example, if you bought a C-Class saloon in 2015 you'd get a W205, but if you bought a C-Class Coupe in 2015 then you'd still get the old W204 that went out of production a year earlier - because the W205 Coupe was not introduced until 2016.

So while the W204 saloon and estate were released in 2008, the C-Class Coupe of 2009/2010 (formally named CLC) was in fact stil the older W203, albeit with modified body panels and grille to make it look more like the new W204.

Thanks for the advice

:)

Sorry, so for example, the cover of that manual has the older style headlights on the car... so the manual is really only good for the engine? Is there not one that covers the clc in particular?

Ok guys... think I understand.
Best I’m going to get, so just purchased on eBay for £12, can’t really go wrong for that!
Mainly for the engine service, so should be fine.

Appreciate the help.

Sorry, so for example, the cover of that manual has the older style headlights on the car... so the manual is really only good for the engine? Is there not one that covers the clc in particular?
Engine, suspension, transmission, and the front part of the internal cabin are all accurately covered in the W203 manual. As of course is servicing.

The bodywork and headlamps won't be covered. As well as internal rear bench and tailgate area.

On another note...... if your CLC is equipped with the 1.8L M271 Kompressor engine... then google 'M271 timing gear failure'. You want to get that checked...

On another note...... if your CLC is equipped with the 1.8L M271 Kompressor engine... then google 'M271 timing gear failure'. You want to get that checked...

Yes... I have read some horror stories already!
Is there an easy way to get this checked to see if it's an issue? Can Star tell a stretched chain or fault looming etc?

As far as I know the only way to check this is by removing the cams cover and physically inspecting the condition of the timing chain, sprockets and tensioner.

There might be some tale-tell signs such as rattles or knocks from the front/top end of the engine, or rough noise and low power, but this is not always the case.

As far as I know the only way to check this is by removing the cams cover and physically inspecting the condition of the timing chain, sprockets and tensioner.

There might be some tale-tell signs such as rattles or knocks from the front/top end of the engine, or rough noise and low power, but this is not always the case.

Thanks mark jay.
I’ve managed to get the manual suggested, and also found a local Indy with star!
He has plugged in and cleared all the old codes, and a nosey round and all looks good at the mo, aside from a parktronic sensor out which he has ordered for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom