CLC350 with limited slip differential

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richatom

Car
CLC350
I recently bought a used CLC350 from a non-Mercedes second-hand car dealer in Germany. The dealer's specs were that it was an entirely standard factory CLC350 (though fully specced with sport pack, flappy paddles, parameter steering and every option listed).

The car had an AMG badge on the back when I bought it, but I assumed this was just some badge engineering by a previous owner and so took it off shortly after purchase.

However, I have recently noticed that the car has a limited slip differential, which (as far as I know) was not fitted as standard, even with the sport pack. Does anybody know if there was ever any AMG packages for the CLC350? The only other odd feature of the car that i have noticed so far is the horn which is slightly two-tone rather than the honk of every other Merc I have owned. If it has been dabbled with by AMG what other mods might have been added?

Last edited:
How do you know your car has a LSD. I'm guessing you have jacked it up at the back and spun one of the wheels and the other wheel either moves in the same direction or didn't move at all.

If you spun a rear wheel and the opposite side spun in the other direction you don't have a lsd. :)

I first noticed that when the dealer was manoeuvring the car out of the smooth floored showroom the inner rear wheel was driving and spinning on the smooth floor. So when I got home I jacked it up and spun one rear wheel by hand - the other does not go backwards as I would expect from a non-slip diff.

Bonus!! My tyre scrubs when going around tight corners at slow speeds..

Another good indication of a LSD ;-)

OK, now that we have established that my car has an LSD, does anybody know whether the CLC350 was fitted with one as standard? I think not, but it then begs the question of why my car has one!

Post your VIN, we can have a look at the datacard.

Here you go, no sign of an LSD

Attachments

• vin.pdf
    48.5 KB · Views: 9
Yes, seems it was not original equipment, which would explain why the dealer who sold the car did not know appear to know about it. Very odd that a previous owner has gone to the effort to fit one to my car - I wouldn't have thought the M272 engine was really powerful enough to warrant one.

Is there any way to tell if there has been any other tuning done to the car - e.g. is it possible to easily check if the chip is original?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom