clean egr valve how much

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricardo62

Car
e320
Anyone give me a rough cost to take off my egr on my e320 cdi and clean it , how much am i looking at ?

Can you not sort it ???
Must admit, that was my first thought, too, certainly on my Rover diesel, and a Saab, it is perfectly straightforward. So on that basis, it'd cost the price of a Haynes manual. Oh, and the purchase of a box of vinyl gloves, as it's not a very clean job..............

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

The OP posted recently asking how much he would save in fuel cost by not leaving his engine running for four hours a day in between jobs. He does short, local courier work if I remember correctly; little wonder his EGR is clogged.

With a SAAB, it was a simple matter of driving at 70mph for 20mins to clear the EGR; is there a similar thing for MB?

The OP posted recently asking how much he would save in fuel cost by not leaving his engine running for four hours a day in between jobs. He does short, local courier work if I remember correctly; little wonder his EGR is clogged.

With a SAAB, it was a simple matter of driving at 70mph for 20mins to clear the EGR; is there a similar thing for MB?
20 ninutes at 70 mph on a saab does not clean the egr it just does a re gen on the dpf,the only true way to clean egr is take it off

Is it a W210 or W211? My W210 took me under an hour to remove and same to refit.

Cleaning took longer as I ended up soaking it in a very large bucket of degreaser overnight!

I tried to remove my EGR to clean it a few months back. I gave up in the end, would not budge at all. I have ordered an oil filter wrench - plier type and will have another go this weekend.

I tried to remove my EGR to clean it a few months back. I gave up in the end, would not budge at all. I have ordered an oil filter wrench - plier type and will have another go this weekend.
the guy in the video belted his with soft faced mallet several times! Failing that I suggest a suitable size /length of wooden drift strategically placed and a 5 lb hammer

or look into having it bypassed or deleted physically, best thing I ever did on my CLK :bannana:

thanks for all the replys, im afraid im not competant enough to do it myself , id rather pay for someone to take it off .
as for a delete yes i would like that but alas would not be able to do it myself , i welcome any responces as to how much and if anyone could do this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom