Cleaning a LCD screen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rf065

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Anyone know the best way to clean a LCD screen, I've got a few grubby TV'S & monitors that could use a good clean.

Please don't direct me to a site showing a cat licking the inside of the monitor screen. :crazy:

Russ

Best bet is a duster or kitchen towl (every so slightly damp). Don't use glass polish and be gentle when rubbing it as you can damage the screen

My LCD TV came with a microfibre cloth for cleaning the screen ... so I guess that would be best.

I use alcohol wipes from our stationary supplier and they do a good enough job. I find the individual sachets are far better than the 'on a roll' type in a cylindrical dispenser (like Wet Ones used to be).

Microfibre cloth and some huff haha. Seriously, if you 'huff' on the screen so your breath gets it damp and use a microfibre cloth you will see fantastic results! :D

Them little spectacle cleaner kits you get from opticians (asda, £1) with the pump spray and microfibre cloth are brilliant. You may want a larger cloth for big screens.

Glass cleaner is OK.. so long as you use the right stuff. Supermarket products - a big no-no. Fine if you're cleaning your windows at home, but otherwise give them a wide berth.

We use this at work (sometimes on *very* expensive coated optics).. I can thoroughly recommend it.

http://www.bohleconvexmirrorsystems.co.uk/prod-bohle-glass-cleaner-12-cans.php

Obviously, you might not want to buy a whole case.. but ring around your local glass supply companies, I'm sure that someone will have some and will sell you a can.

Cheers,

Gaz

Auto Glym Fast Glass does my LCD television. As other members, I use microfibre cloth and VERY light pressure.
I finish off with Jadefox's 'huff' for a perfect screen.

I did a searvice call where it said "no colour" I picked it up and left it in the car , bought some glass cleaner cleaned it all and dropped it back. OOOOH they said "its fantastic"

I picked up the £45 and we all lived happy there after:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom