Cleaning an interior - steam, cream or wet vac?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
I've just picked up a bargain runaround and the velour seats need a good clean.

I've never been convinced of the various spray on liquids etc as the dirt has to go somewhere and rubbing it further into the seats goes against anything a professional carpet cleaner would advise!

Therefore has anyone used a steam cleaner or wetvac type cleaner on their seats or could advice of whether its a good or bad idea?

I hired a rug doctor to clean the interior of my wifes 2003 E46 BMW - it has the light grey cloth which was looking terrible after 5 years and 130k miles. The final straw was when I picked her up from her work leaving do and she vomited in it:mad:

It worked a treat - would definitely recommed it, the BMW came up like new. I hired it from homebase - about £35 including chemicals. The car even smells nice now.

I hired a rug doctor to clean the interior of my wifes 2003 E46 BMW - it has the light grey cloth which was looking terrible after 5 years and 130k miles. The final straw was when I picked her up from her work leaving do and she vomited in it:mad:

It worked a treat - would definitely recommed it, the BMW came up like new. I hired it from homebase - about £35 including chemicals. The car even smells nice now.

That sounds like it would do the trick. Thanks.

the spray ons are supposed to lift the dirt into the foam - hard work but cheap (just done mine this weekend) - never as good as a proper upholstery cleaner though - rent one or just drop it at your local valeting service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom