Cleaning Bird Poo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ALFIE CONN

I know there has been a thread on this already, i have looked for 25minutes but cant find it.

Help appreciated!

Warm water is the best as soon as it happens, if baked by the sun, then just soak it. If left the ammonia will eat into the paint

Think yourself lucky that you do not get seagulls where you are

Yep, as Malcolm, soak cloth/tissue in warm water and let sit on the poo. Do NOT rub, it will scratch the paintwork.

Incoming!

If you do a search under BIRD SH*T a couple of threads turn up. One guy swears by a product called Dulon. http://www.dulon.com/index2.html Consensus seems to be the application of a protective layer before the event. Not much info what to do after the "incoming" event unfortunately.:(

If you do a search under BIRD SH*T a couple of threads turn up. One guy swears by a product called Dulon. http://www.dulon.com/index2.html Consensus seems to be the application of a protective layer before the event. Not much info what to do after the "incoming" event unfortunately.:(

Does that stuff work on you when the roof is down :D:D

:D Well....when we were in Canaries in a hire car.......driving along see a bird infront eating road kill...as we approach it takes off WITH the kill in it's beak.

Drops it BANG on the roof of the car ...look in mirror - people in car behind are killing themselves with laughter - we're just pleased we weren't in a convertible...:D

Rfc

Does that stuff work on you when the roof is down :D:D
I believe the standard Royal Flying Core "Biggles" Flying helmet and goggles is suitable attire for a gentleman in these circumstances. The white silk scarf is unnecessary and an affectation in my opinion.;)

Easiest thing is wait (if you dare) until you get a good downpour. It just slides off then.
Otherwise a spot of washing up liquid in very hot water and left to soak for a good hour or overnight is best. A good waxing afterwards helps.

Soak a sponge in warm water, and place it on the bird poo. The poo absorbs the water slowly, and once hydrated will come off easily. Leave it to soak for as long as you're able. Do it before washing and hey presto.

If you're out and about, baby wipes (or hand wipes) work quite well. Place it over the bird poo, and make sure it's in full contact, but don't rub. Should hydrate it enough to remove with some water.

Wish I'd had this info a while back. I have a patch on my car which won't polish out where I didn't notice a bit of bird poop and it has eaten into the paintwork badly.
:(

Wish I'd had this info a while back. I have a patch on my car which won't polish out where I didn't notice a bit of bird poop and it has eaten into the paintwork badly.

You should be able to buff it out so it's less noticeable. A friendly member with a Porter Cable might be able to help out?

Probably an Essex bird lost, A little brasso or T cut could take it away

Haha, you're meant to use it.....dunno if you realised! :p

Yep, as Malcolm, soak cloth/tissue in warm water and let sit on the poo. Do NOT rub, it will scratch the paintwork.

Unfortunately I learnt this to my cost on my BMW 330i I had last year. Went out with the damp kitchen roll to leave it on the dropping to soak, got distracted by something and absent mindedly just wiped it straight off. Result - 3 inch scratch across the middle of the bonnet, even T Cut couldn't get rid of it.

On another (similar) subject, anyone have a method for removing unwanted white paint splats from my nice green paintwork? I think my wife must have driven over some wet white lines which then flicked up both sides of the car :mad: - is there any way to get rid without damaging the paint I want to keep?

Thanks

Unfortunately I learnt this to my cost on my BMW 330i I had last year. Went out with the damp kitchen roll to leave it on the dropping to soak, got distracted by something and absent mindedly just wiped it straight off. Result - 3 inch scratch across the middle of the bonnet, even T Cut couldn't get rid of it.

On another (similar) subject, anyone have a method for removing unwanted white paint splats from my nice green paintwork? I think my wife must have driven over some wet white lines which then flicked up both sides of the car :mad: - is there any way to get rid without damaging the paint I want to keep?

Thanks

Try white spirit, this will not hurt the paint on the car

Haha, you're meant to use it.....dunno if you realised! :p

:D No wonder I've been disappointed with the results so far!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom