cleaning cloth covered door rubbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Hi

My W124 has mushroom/cream coloured material on the door rubbers.

They are a bit grubby.

Any tips on cleaning them/products/techniques to use?

I thought about removing them and popping them in the washing machine on a gentle wash?

I've always had good results with Decosol Instant Valay & Groom - foaming upholstery cleaners, a nail brush to agitate and microfibre cloths.

The felt door surround on my W126 with cream interior comes up a treat. I guess it all depends on how ingrained the dirt is.

I put mine in the bath to soak overnight and scrub with a nail brush, using lots of foamy cleaner. They came up great.

thanks guys.

I've ordered some of that foam cleaner suggested above and i'll try it with the bath trick.

I tried the washing machine technique on some rubber parts and unfortunately a bit of it got caught between the door and the drum and got burnt. I guess it should have gone into a pillow case or laundry bag first! I do find AutoSmart 101 very good for cleaning many interior parts, a little goes a long way too.

a quick resurrection of this thread... the washing machine technique has worked great on both my w124s.... all 4 rubbers will fit in 1 wash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom