Cleaning head-line and seat belt fabrics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldmerc

Car
05 S320CDI,96 E200
My steering wheel,headline and seat belt fabrics are becoming grubby..could some kind soul please suggest what products I should use..my interior is cream and steering wheel leather..thanks.

I've had gotten some great result from Autoglym Interior Shampoo on the headlining (just don't soak the material as it will separate from the backing! Spray product onto the microfibre and wipe over gently).

It works on all surfaces including leather although if you have a leather interior I'd pick up a bottle of Autoglym Leather Cleaner and a soft nail brush too...

Cream leather looks great but it can be a hassle to keep clean. I would advise against conditioners and purchase a leather protector instead, check out LTT's range.

Seat belts

I cleaned my seatbelts with a Vanish spray and scrubbing brush and rinsed thoroughly,did the fronts 3 times but they came up good.Pull the belt out as far as you need to and hold in place with 2 clothes pegs and away you go,make sure the belts are thoroughly dry before removing the pegs and letting them retract,use a hairdryer on them if you have to.
Hope this helps,Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom