Cleaning Mould from seatbelts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

viskiss

Car
R129 SL500
My new project has mould on seatbelts, tried cleaning those but no too much luck.

Any suggestions (please do not offer bleach lol)?

Dettol do a mould remover spray. Try on an unseen area first to be safe. It does most likely contain a bleaching agent though. Alternatively steam clean?

Last edited:
I had mould in the back of a W124 estate once and ended up using household propriety cleaners like Flash which did the job. Just how bad is it?

I've used Milton sterilising solution before on my mx5 soft top. I've also used diluted white vinegar which worked well, but took a while for the smell to fade.

You have to get rid of every spore or it will come back eventually. As it's a project, are you able to remove the seatbelts altogether to properly clean and dry them? You don't really want to be getting them wet and then roll them back without being thoroughly dry.

I have an ongoing yearly battle with my wife's MGF with mould. It's impossible to get to all of it with the roof on, so every year as soon as it gets damp outside it slowly creeps back :mad:

i use 1000-1 carpet shampoo on the seat belts cleans them up a treat , fix them round front head rests till dry

I had mould in the back of a W124 estate once and ended up using household propriety cleaners like Flash which did the job. Just how bad is it?

It was quite bad but now seems most of it is gone, however you can still see bits left.

I've used Milton sterilising solution before on my mx5 soft top. I've also used diluted white vinegar which worked well, but took a while for the smell to fade.

You have to get rid of every spore or it will come back eventually. As it's a project, are you able to remove the seatbelts altogether to properly clean and dry them? You don't really want to be getting them wet and then roll them back without being thoroughly dry.

I have an ongoing yearly battle with my wife's MGF with mould. It's impossible to get to all of it with the roof on, so every year as soon as it gets damp outside it slowly creeps back :mad:

Hate mould, such a ******* it is!

Yeah, i have taken those off now, will try the vinegar probably first and then steam cleaning.

How diluted your viniger solution was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom