Cleaning my new GLE & windows, all 4 part opened by self

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hi

The brand new GLE we got a couple of weeks ago, cleaning today ie taking the dust off it as rarely driven. As I was removing the dust form the outside of the car, and car was open as I has moved it on the drive, all four windows opened by about 3 inches - it startled me. The car has the auto open/close all windows via key and it works, but rarely works on my C class.

Initially I thought must be a safety thing as sun was out but cold, but warm inside the car. I had the keys in my coat pocket, but don't think i pressed on them. The widows opened about 3 inches like i said and to open with key fob you have to continuously press key to open and close, therfore I don't think I accidentally pressed the key

I did not think a lot about it as i was busy, cleaned the drive, cleaned the gle, the c class, and the two other suv's, but now relaxing, reading the net, having searched the net, found nothing I thought I'd ask you guys.

Thanks

I've found that with the keyless entry on my GLC when cleaning outside if I put my hand behind the handle as you would to unlock the windows will open if I clean behind the handle too long.

Also I now leave the key in the house when washing the outside as to stop the car locking & unlocking every time the hose goes over the handle

Don't think you have anything to worry about.

All in the handbook. People really need to read this stuff, there are so many features in these new cars.

Keyless go can be temporarily disabled on your fob, although I believe this only works on newer fobs.

Press lock, then immediately double press lock again. The red light will double flash then stay on for about a second to indicate this. This will disable keyless go broadcast from the fob.

Press unlock again to resume normal operation.

Hi

Many thanks Jay2512 and S205-FTW - my car is not 'keyless go.'

I will keep an eye on things Jay.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom