Cleaning my new to me S202 C43.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blobsta

Car
S202 C43 Wagon
I'm off this week I decided to start a bit of cleaning on my new C43 S202 and gratuitous pics will follow.

As I had the headlight out I decided to clean the area behind it a little. It's a first pass so don't expect miracles!

IMG-5066.jpg

IMG-5069.jpg

Working between the rain showers, started on the shuts to get rid of the algae and dirt.

IMG-5084.jpg

IMG-5085.jpg

Fallout remover
IMG-5071.jpg

Wash, rinse, clay, wash, rinse, dry, machine polish a few bits but for the most part it didn't really need it.

IMG-5086.jpg

IMG-5087.jpg

IMG-5088.jpg

IMG-5090.jpg

Must order some new side repeaters, these won't really clean up

Wheels off for a wash and wax, inspect the brakes etc. and a quick tidy up of the arches
IMG-5095.jpg

IMG-5096.jpg

IMG-5097.jpg

IMG-5099.jpg

IMG-5100.jpg

IMG-5101.jpg

R222 wax
IMG-5102.jpg

IMG-5103.jpg

IMG-5104.jpg

Rain - standard.
55-A9-CC1-B-6065-4-AF0-9-F33-DBCA1700-C186.jpg

Your car is missing the plastic cowling that resides in front of the radiator fans.
What you mean is: "Did you remember to refit the plastic grille thing that goes in front of the radiator fans after you cleaned it?" :)

The answer is "Yes but I forgot to take a pic".
That bit isn't missing but I expect there are many parts that are as I work through it. No doubt I'll be leaning on you for knowledge here as I don't know these cars very well. 👍

Very nice! :) 👍

What you mean is: "Did you remember to refit the plastic grille thing that goes in front of the radiator fans after you cleaned it?" :)

The answer is "Yes but I forgot to take a pic".
That bit isn't missing but I expect there are many parts that are as I work through it. No doubt I'll be leaning on you for knowledge here as I don't know these cars very well. 👍

Nice car, used to have one. Well, two, actually.

Like one of mine, you're missing the chrome star on the airbox cover :)

A Grand Job. I'm parcal to a 43 :D

That looks clean for a 202!,

Yes removing trim and cleaning behind really does make a difference, are you going to do behind the side moldings too? i've just done those on my 203.

Looks a lovely car :)

Last edited:
No honestly I didn’t know if you had,

I did mine also a good opportunity to spray some grease in the doors help to stop corrosion etc.

I gave in to peer pressure today and removed the seats to get the carpets properly clean as well as sorting out the muck on the seat frames etc. Shiny leather is dirty leather... This wasn't bad at all when I think back to the ML320 last year.

Do any of you kind people know where I can get some replacement floor mats. Ideally OEM but my local dealer seems to think they have been discontinued. If there were AMG specific mats for these, I'd like them.

IMG-5152.jpg

IMG-5151.jpg

0-C367634-58-BA-4-D2-A-BDD7-FC7-C7-C2-D6041.jpg

148-F6-A65-ABD4-40-D4-AAEE-6-EA9-A48-C9848.jpg

IMG-5157.jpg

IMG-5158.jpg

Matt finish is good and clean. Looks so much better too.
IMG-5159.jpg

IMG-5160.jpg

Had another pass over the steering wheel while the leather cleaner was out. It's in such amazing condition, I am thrilled with that.
IMG-5161.jpg

IMG-5163.jpg

IMG-5165.jpg

Great work with the seats 👍🏼

There are specific AMG mats, I have them in mine. Your dealer is correct though, they are now obsolete unfortunately, and are very rare second-hand. There are a couple of companies who reproduce the LHD versions, but aren't interested in manufacturing RHD ones when I've enquired.

482022192940.jpg

That's what happens when you're late to the party I guess. I've just ordered some cheap mats to go over the recently cleaned carpet as the drivers mat is falling to bits so anything is better than nothing for the interim.

In case anybody is wondering about the centre armrest, it's with my local trimmer as it had a sag in the middle so my guy has replaced the foam and covered it in black leather for me. I'll pick it up in the week, looking froward to having that back to complete the trim.

There's a custom interior place near to me in Nottingham who I've had discussions with about making some mats from scratch.

I'll bite the bullet at some point soon, they'll be done in the same style as the US market ones with the C43 AMG badge embroidered in.

Something similar might be your best bet 👍🏼

download (2).jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom