Cleaning rainsensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercedesstar

Car
S320Cdi
Hi all
I have tried to take the rain sensor apart to clean the lens and get the sensor to work again, but without luck. Could somebody advise how to take it apart, please.
Thanks Martin

Don't do it, you'll kill the sensor..

The lenses are bonded to the screen. Once you unclip the sensor from it frame (also bonded to the screen) all you see are electronic chips. (Going on my experience with the rain sensor on my C class)

What are the symptoms of the problem?

The sensor does not appear to be working. The wiper will work on intermittent and full, but the sensor does not work.

Has it ever worked? Are you certain you have rain sensitive wipers?

Yes, they worked a very short period. I have only had the car for a couple of months, and the rain was coming in just above the rain sensor behind the rear view mirror. I have now had that repaired and want the rain sensor to work. Thought it was possible to take the sensor apart and clean the lens.

You can replace the module/PCB it simply unclips. Are you sure it is plugged in and was not disconnected when you had your leak fixed?

Outside of fiddling with the plug or replacing the sensor I a not sure that there is much you could do as the rest is bonded to the screen.

I had to replace the pcb on my C55.

It is plugged in, I did check that. I am not sure what you mean when you say module/pcb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom