Cleaning Suede Seats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonski

Car
C250 CDI Coupé AMG Sport Plus
Hi all,

I've got the C204 AMG Sport Plus seats with half leather, half suede.

I've noticed watermarks, (soap/salt?) all over the suede, but it won't brush off. Anyone got any experience cleaning these?

Tips would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if they have a suitable product but I have found those from HG to be excellent for cleaning, mould removal and so on.

Hi Jonski
Funny how this has come up today , This morning I picked up my car from Mercedes after they have just replaced front and back seats covers under warranty because there is a known problem with Alcantara , And Mercedes know about this They were very good with me like you I only went down there to get something to clean Alcantara because they had some sort of staining like water marks in the suede but they told me they would take some pictures and send them off to Germany within 2 days Mercedes okayed it so try your local Mercedes tell them there is a problem with
Alcantara and you know they know good luck Jonski

Thanks for the help, used Sonax products before so will give that a whirl. Andy.

Hi Jonski
Funny how this has come up today , This morning I picked up my car from Mercedes after they have just replaced front and back seats covers under warranty because there is a known problem with Alcantara , And Mercedes know about this They were very good with me like you I only went down there to get something to clean Alcantara because they had some sort of staining like water marks in the suede but they told me they would take some pictures and send them off to Germany within 2 days Mercedes okayed it so try your local Mercedes tell them there is a problem with
Alcantara and you know they know good luck Jonski

Thanks Jonny, I'll give my local dealer a call and see what they suggest.

I used those carpet stain cleaning products from supermarket.

I had white stain marks on my Sport Plus seats too (C220 estate) 2012.
1001 carpet shampoo dry foam which removed some of it with the built in brush. Gentle scrub.

Still had some marks left so used Dr Beckmann carpet stain remover with built in brush/sponge end.

Online Food Shopping - ASDA Groceries

Massaged with wet microfibre cloth to lift out any residue from cleaners.

Pat dry with kitchen towel.

This was about 2 months ago. Stains have not come back yet. (fingers crossed)

Suede is underside of actual animal leather , alcantara is the man made textile made from polyester and polyurethane .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom