cleaning the car after neglect!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Flyer said:
Shude, I have that Autoglym brush; think it was about £20, but it is very effective. I bought it about 6 years ago and it's still as good.
About £12 now I think. Money well spent. I didn't believe it would be any different to any other kind of brush but it's really quite good. More of a wonder than wonder-wheels I'd say! ;)
Flyer said:
Don't let Goldfish see this thread; it'll give him a coronary!!
He'll end up on my database at work then! :eek:
glojo said:
four wheels on each corner
Four? Impressive! :)

Shude said:

Five if you count the full size spare wheel (exactly the same spec as the other four) that sits beneath the bodywork at the rear and gathers dirt ;)

Flash

Shude said:

:D :) You've done it to me AGAIN. I give in.........

Just had physio and I'm suffering

Off to edit my four corners and comments :rolleyes: ;)

Bye,
John

EDIT: All done. Bit naïve of me thinking you wouldn't notice. :) :D Good spotting.

John

Last edited:
SilverSaloon said:
i plan on doing the hood in the summer. hellfrauds seems to sell hood cleaner stuff for just under £20 so i may try that. apparnetly they come up as new but not sure about that. the hood on my clk is pretty good anyway as far as i can see, but probably very dirty in reality.

i ususally just clean it with car shampoo..

Autoglym do a really good hood cleaning and proofing kit - used to use it on my MGF. I might even have some left - you can have it if I have and if you want it.

edited - yup still have it and plenty of it left. I never used shampoo on the hood as it can I believe affect the waterproof properties of the protector :crazy:

Last edited:
I used T Cut carplan metalic to remove scuff marks from my yes 'silver' paintwork after some git drove into it in a carpark..... why doesn't Parktronic emit a smelly black dye like a skunk when people who can't drive come too close..... should this be an MB option

Just cleaned my wheels after my Cornish adventure, washed, polished and then Zymoled them with Zymol Cleaner Wax ......mmmmmmm smells good !!

Heres a piccy of it before cleaning ......

It was dark when i finished - will take an 'after' piccy tomorrow .

H

Howard said:
Just cleaned my wheels after my Cornish adventure, washed, polished and then Zymoled them with Zymol Cleaner Wax ......mmmmmmm smells good !!

H

Hi guys,

Used to use Wonder Wheels on the old AMGs; I was in love with the stuff for a while, but now save it for my sister's Golf! :devil:

What do you guys think of Zymol's wheel cleaner? Safe or nay?

Ta,
j

pammy said:
Autoglym do a really good hood cleaning and proofing kit - used to use it on my MGF. I might even have some left - you can have it if I have and if you want it.

Concur, used it on my BMW, and the dirt which came off was amazing. Brought the roof back to it's original colour (green). They provide a scrub sponge (white oddly) and you use it to agitate the solution.
Then you re-proof the roof after. Never had any issues from leaks or anything.

pammy said:
edited - yup still have it and plenty of it left. I never used shampoo on the hood as it can I believe affect the waterproof properties of the protector :crazy:

Don't wash my roof either. Yet to try cleaning the SL roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom