Cleaning the wheel hubs on the E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stuff the lot of them Rog. The 5.5tt sounds better than the 6.2 na. Hubs look sharp.

You get very rattled at the slightest dislike to your tastes. It's a forum to view your opinions. It's not for me that's all I have said. Like you dislike my Green calipers 😂😂😂. You come across very very touchie !

Lighten up a little 😉😁

Like HT73 has said, have a few beers and chill my good man 😉🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
I'm not bothered by adverse opinions Tom, and I've been around long enough to have a skin as thick as a rhino. And I'm that laid back I'm horizontal. No, it's not that.
It's not so much the remarks that bother me, its the negativity that seems to pervade a lot of threads lately.

Take the recent Schmee AMG GT thread where people jumped on the man without even commenting on his choice of car. Why? I doubt if anyone even knows him on here yet it turned into a character assassination.

I sometimes comment adversely about a car that someone has highlighted for sale on ebay etc, but try hard not to offend anyone on the forum with negative remarks about their pride and joy. If I don't like it, I'll either not comment, or say its not to my taste but as long as you like it, then great. If I know the member I may make a quip, but all in fun or objectively.

I only post these kind of updates as someone else may be thinking of doing the same and may get some ideas. If we all stop doing that then all you'll read about is "what oil do I need" and "what are the best tyres".

I'm not bothered by adverse opinions Tom, and I've been around long enough to have a skin as thick as a rhino. And I'm that laid back I'm horizontal. No, it's not that.
It's not so much the remarks that bother me, its the negativity that seems to pervade a lot of threads lately.

Take the recent Schmee AMG GT thread where people jumped on the man without even commenting on his choice of car. Why? I doubt if anyone even knows him on here yet it turned into a character assassination.

I sometimes comment adversely about a car that someone has highlighted for sale on ebay etc, but try hard not to offend anyone on the forum with negative remarks about their pride and joy. If I don't like it, I'll either not comment, or say its not to my taste but as long as you like it, then great. If I know the member I may make a quip, but all in fun or objectively.

I only post these kind of updates as someone else may be thinking of doing the same and may get some ideas. If we all stop doing that then all you'll read about is "what oil do I need" and "what are the best tyres".
100% spot on. 👏👍

Has definitely motivated me to sort my wheels out; they haven't had a proper clean and wax for far too long! Always enjoy these types of post as I need the motivation and lack the knowledge.

Same for myself I don't make comments on many posts and I only really post on threads I feel I can relate to. I was just making a honest observation how I personally see it.

No offence was intended. Maybe I come across rather ignorant, but like said it was on a personal preference.

It's like the colour of interior debate. I don't get the term, " funeral black" I personally like funeral black. I have seen funeral cars with light interiors so I don't get why it has a relation to funerals. Plus it's a personal choice at the end of the day what colour a man has his wheels, brakes or underpants 😂😂😂. If one wears any at all lol

I love my green calipers I know that much.

And the 5.5 sounds good. But not nearly as deep and mean as a 6.2. it is a winner on that front. I'm happy to agree with you on that one.

So stuff all of you that think otherwise 👍😉

Gaz, you can paint your hubs pink if you like.
I'm happy with the colour they came with. Silver.
End of story.
I agree. To not paint the hubs silver just to show-off the AMG badging smacks of sad boasting.
BUT having always painted my car hubs silver AND callipers a colour (for more years than I care to remember) I have noticed that with modern-day pads there is more dust & that the hubs do get dirty quicker. Fiddling around cleaning between the spokes can get tedious. But of course those of us who don't have an AMG or choose not to are of course beneath contempt so what do I know? My sole AMG suspended Mercedes was an absolute & literal pain in the backside with its stupidly hard suspension & I was never aware of others getting all breathless in admiration that the car was a millimetre or two lower than standard.

Superb job, its my job on mine this weekend funnily enough. Ohh ans i am going silver 👍

Looks like a nice job buddy, its hard work, the hardest part is prepping the hubs.
As for colour, we'll that's not what the Thread is about. I prefer silver hubs, but that's my preference, regardless of colour they will still look just as dirty as the wheel when brake dust sits on them anyway.

Once the paint has fully cured buddy, by that I mean a good few weeks, it will benefit you by adding a good wheel coating to the hubs, this does make cleaning far easier, and also help resist against further surface rusting.

Bh ATOM mac also offers the same protection against oxidation after cleaning, try an avoid Caustic wheel cleaners like TFR as they will damage the new paint.

All in all, great 💪👷

I ended up going black on my CL500, originally silver. I did the calipers to, I am a fan of stock but this area gets mucky and looks bad quickly, and then you get tempted to jet wash which is never good!
I also only do the visible parts of hubs, just clean and lightly lube the faces or you'll get a mess upon wheel removal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom