Cleaning the Windscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any glass cleaner and some kitchen roll works well for me

I find kitchen roll paper leaves fluff on the screen :(, so I finish with a cotton kitchen dish cloth

I agree that most of the window cleaning stuff seems to leave a coating on the surface which goes smeary, as does car shampoo if you allow it to run down the screen. When the screen becomes smeary I use washing up liquid and work it over the entire screen with the brush that gets used for cleaning vegetables. Leave it for a bit and then rinse off with lots of water.

I use E Cloth, spray with water and its clean as can be.

I agree that most of the window cleaning stuff seems to leave a coating on the surface which goes smeary, as does car shampoo if you allow it to run down the screen. When the screen becomes smeary I use washing up liquid and work it over the entire screen with the brush that gets used for cleaning vegetables. Leave it for a bit and then rinse off with lots of water.

That fine for the outside, but how do you work that on the inside :D

I use the Wife!!! seems to work well coz she don´t complain if theres still a few smears on the windscreen !!! simple!:thumb:

Well, I've had my first Merc for about a month now and I'm very pleased with it. Up until a couple of days ago the weather had been gorgeous, wall to wall sunshine, but summer didn't last very long this year, again (lol) and it was inevitable that the rain would follow. The first couple of days the wipers cleared the screen quite well, but it was obvious that there was a film of either road grease or car wax on it as with each wipe a fogging occurred.
I've tried cleaning it with Mr Muscle window cleaner, Meths, soapy water and even (Coca-Cola which I saw suggested in one of the forums here :doh:) all with no great improvement. I could actually see the film marks when applying most of these, but none removed it. So I rummaged through my stash of old car cleaning products and found some Turtle Wax Super Glass Polish which I'd forgotten about. About 15mins of using this on a terry towelling cloth with elbow grease and I'm pleased to say it seems to be back to it's 'original clarity' just as it says on the bottle. :bannana:
'Ideal for use on all glass including windows, lights and mirrors, and can also be used on hard plastics, such as indicator lenses and tail lights'.

View attachment 29768

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom