Clear coat on alloy damaged by tyre company, what would you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOR8A

Car
W212 E63 PPP AMG
Had 2 new tyre valves fitted today and in the process one of the alloys has sustained a light amount of damage to the clear coat on the diamond cut face of the alloy. Although it no damaged the alloy itself we all know the implications this will have to this already troublesome alloy finish and the deadly white oxidisation creep will start rapidly. I have touched over the top with some clear lacquer to ''seal'' it but obviously its not pretty. The wheels did not have a mark on them and where refurbed before my purchase. I have been using this firm for 20 years and they have never damaged a wheel before, I have emailed them but had no reply as yet. I don't like to complain if I don't have to, plus I have know some of the chaps in there for some time and don't want to damage a fairly good relationship.

Your thoughts please folks.

I'd go in and speak direct - they will know you well after 20 years - if there was no damage and now there is then they are at fault.

I suppose they might say you should have raised it at the time.

I'd be looking for the wheel so be returned to it's pre tyre fit state, probably via a quality refurb.

Good luck.

Went in to see the guys today, absolutely no issue at all, they were spot on. Wheel will go away for a full refurb at their expense. Really glad I addressed the situation now, was so tempted to leave it.

That's a great conclusion. We're all used to hearing bad stories nowadays. Good to hear of a company that has decent customer service.

Ant.

Indeed, thought that with things the way they are these days, even with our history I might have been given the FO or told it wasn't them that caused the damage.

Glad you got a good result:thumb:

I find this is a very British behaviour not to complain...I complain politely every time I have bad service in any situation direct on occurrence, generally I get a very good response...

Went in to see the guys today, absolutely no issue at all, they were spot on. Wheel will go away for a full refurb at their expense. Really glad I addressed the situation now, was so tempted to leave it.

Having a working relationship with them for 20 years will be worth its weight in gold.

I've used my inde for well over 5 years now, and on the two occasions there were issues, they were rectified without quibble.

They will know you aren't a chancer.

Sh*t happens. It's how they deal with it that separates the wheat from the chaff!

Can you name the company so we can all know the good guys from the bad?

Don't here enough good news stories on forums.

Discount tyres Worthing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom