Clear Corners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pbrennan10

Anyone had any bad experiences going cheap with clear corners?

I havent, but OEM ones are dead cheap anyway...

Or do you mean cystal corners?

pbrennan10 said:
Thought clear and crystal were same...
Crystal better?
The correct description for the oem corner indicator is "colourless" rather than "clear" as they are slightly frosted.

The "crystal" ones are clear.

CCL-W202.jpg

Sadly these make the headlamps look rubbish, so...

Shude said:
The correct description for the oem corner indicator is "colourless" rather than "clear" as they are slightly frosted.

The "crystal" ones are clear.

CCL-W202.jpg

Sadly these make the headlamps look rubbish, so...

I have a pair on order! I take it they'll look better with HID lights as they're a bit clearer than the halogen lights?

McGreggor said:
I have a pair on order! I take it they'll look better with HID lights as they're a bit clearer than the halogen lights?
The glass on HID lamps is still marked because the lens is used to alter the beam. I think it's no more clear than the halogens, BUT it does have a different reflector which is a bit more chrome-like than the halos.

As shude states the HID and halogen headlights have the same amount of lines/frosting, it's just that the pattern and the reflectors are different. Many people have looked for aftermarket projector type headlights for the W202 but to no avail. Some have even tried to make their own homebrew versions.

*EDIT* Actually the crystal corners with W202 headlights wouldn't look too bad imho, I'm reminded of Doriant's R129 SL that has crystal corners and halogen headlights and I thought that looked pretty good. The styling of the R129 and W202 is kinda similar...

S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom