Clear indicators.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattyBass

Car
W124 E230
Hello all,
I'm thinking of replacing my orange indicators and side repeaters, mine are a bit tatty so i'm gonna replace them with clear ones.

Do the ones you can get online come with bulbs? Or can you use the ones that are already fitted? My cars a 1991 W124.

cheers for any help.

I imagine that you will have to buy amber bulbs for them? I know some clear indicators already have an amber/orange sleeve so that you can use normal bulbs.

Think I would check before you buy :D

cheers mate, do you know of where is best to get them from, bearing in mind i'm out in Germany and will need them sent out.

Ta.

Ebay.de is dangerous for my wallet, i've only been on there an hour and i'm already bidding on a leather interior, some alloys and some indicators!

Cheers for your help with the indicators.

The "best" bulbs to use with clear indicator covers are the ones with a sliver reflective coating on the top of the bulb. The inside of the coating is orange.
The advantage of using these bulbs - instead of the ordinary orange coating all-over type bulb is that they cant be seen as an orange blob behind the clear lens. Wich rather defeats almost the point of having clear lens in the first place.
The silver coated bulbs are more or less invisible behind the clear lens and only glow orange when lit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom