CLEAR polish / wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gt-83

Car
1992 300ce
ive always kept my cars clean and polished, but getting fanatical about my coupe,,,,,,,,,,,,,is there a polish or wax that is clear when buffed off, rather than leaving tiny white marks in any slight imperfections, i know a few are keen on detailing, so any recomendations?

I use Zymol Carbon

zymol-carbon-wax_4_1.jpg

near bottom of the Zymol range @ £50 but its the easiest to use and the most effective polish I've ever tried.

£50 wow......not that im tight, but the jar looks like a lip balm ,,,,,,it has to be good for £50

i cant believe that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that has to be madness, you could buy a nice car for that money,,,,,,,,,who would buy this

Not bad! That's for a lifetime's worth of refills. Buy it in your twenty's for best value :D

Its the very best polish money can buy.

If you own a million pound plus car, you use Zymol Royale.

Most of the top detailers use this, I believe its free refills for life.

well, i guess if you own a million pound car, then you would treat it with the best there was,,,,,,,,perhaps my coupe deserves a bit more pampering!!

Its the very best polish money can buy.

If you own a million pound plus car, you use Zymol Royale.

Most of the top detailers use this, I believe its free refills for life.

Correct! :D

"Zymol Royale was originally formulated to protect the finish of the Bugatti Royale, a rare late 1920's ultra-luxury car (only about half a dozen were built) so meticulously crafted and exquisitely engineered that today it is considered a work of art. Suitable for all paint types and colours. Royale Glaze contains 70% Brazilian No.1 White Carnauba by volume. This container is refilled for life at no charge"

Victoria's Concours, At £30 great wax and a lot easier than Zym0l to get off.
But to be honest I do like my Zym0l Titanium.

The Zymol stuff can only be refilled twice a year for life.

P21S wax is very good too, but only lasts about 30 days. Collinite lasts very well but I don't think shines quite as much as the P21.

The Zymol stuff can only be refilled twice a year for life.

P21S wax is very good too, but only lasts about 30 days. Collinite lasts very well but I don't think shines quite as much as the P21.

That should be more than enough, surely?

ive always kept my cars clean and polished, but getting fanatical about my coupe,,,,,,,,,,,,,is there a polish or wax that is clear when buffed off, rather than leaving tiny white marks in any slight imperfections, i know a few are keen on detailing, so any recomendations?

Hello there from a fellow Norwich inhabitant!

Waxes? Try MOTHERS (an American brand)
I buy them from a detailing company based in Norwich.
They are Evolution Valet - www.evolutionvalet.com - and are based across the road from Robinsons Mercedes main dealer.
If you contact them and speak to Kev, tell him Darren Gee gave you his details and he'll look after you and advise you as to what you're looking for.
The products are reasonably priced, and the results are superb!
Here's their price list: http://www.evolutionvalet.com/PRICE%20LIST.pdf

Regards,

Darren

Last edited:

M'quiers Gold Class might fit your needs if its chalking and powdering thats bothering you the most. All the others mentioned are truly the best you can lay your hands on though, but I know what you mean.

You will find though that, McG's takes a good while to dry before it can be buffed up and if you try to rush that part of the process you end up with a manky sticky polishing cloth. I'm certain its not a wax in the strictest natural sense but it aint that bad nevetheless. Best on light colours supposedly.

Portzy.

I have always used swissvax (swissol) on my cars and am very impressed by the results.
However I have just tried Autoglym Aqua Wax which provides excellent results in rapid time. Just wash the car rinse and the get the majority of the water off with a blade. Apply the wax to the damp suface with the microfibre cloth provided. It's ok on glass and rubber trim but not for windscreen. The car can then be buffed with another microfibre cloth.
Car waxed with not a lot more effort than a normal wash & leather off.
Costs about £13 for the kit
Regards
Steve

I bought & used Turtle Wax Platinum after reading the reviews in Auto Express. Buy two bottles - the standard white polish has a slight cutting edge in it. The high gloss bottle is a very thin wax which buffs off without leaving residue & keeps water beading for months. Only £10 per bottle & the results are excellent. Check out the reflection of the house in the bonnet.

Attachments

• Resized IMG_1681.JPG
    Resized IMG_1681.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom