Clear Projectors fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzle

Car
SLK230 1998 auto, 2006 W169 A200 Sport
Easy swap over. 1/10
Needed an MB adaptor lead as plugs in lights same as post 2000 R170 (rect plug) Mine is pre 2000 (square plug)
Ran with the H1's for a few days. Fitted H1 HID 4300 today for a trial
Still a nice cut off beam with sharp between beam and cut off:D \________ \________

Bazzle

Attachments

• P1010049.jpg
    P1010049.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 142
  • P1010052.jpg
    P1010052.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 141
Wow thats what I call qaulity lights. Infact i bet if you asked someone without the knowledge they would probably think they are OEM because they really do like nice and of proper quality.

Where did you soucre them from if you dont mind me asking ?

They look nice and fresh, would be nice to know where you got the from. I notice you're in Australia, are these lights deisgned for use on Right Hand Drive cars?

Well done... :bannana:

They look nice and fresh, would be nice to know where you got the from. I notice you're in Australia, are these lights deisgned for use on Right Hand Drive cars?

Well done... :bannana:

Yes RHD. 'E' marked too.

From [email protected] (Jack)

Paypal, good service

Bazzle

I fitted some on my W202 too

C230K sport estate

It turned to be a bit of an epic!

Trawled around the net until I found some nice looking ones that specified they were E marked and approved type.

A bit tricky fitting them at first (I can do it in minutes now lol) and the plugs fitted perfectly. H1 bulb and H4 with built-in indicator gives great light. Most of the plastic lense lights are not upgradable to HID or XID because they will eventually discolour or melt!

Only problem was they were set for the continental left hand drive vehicles and rather than use the old MOT trick of bending the bulb tabs (which was impossible because of the bulb housing) I had to prise apart the whole bloody thing and rotate the deflector plate by hand. I did it after an hour of cursing and sweating in case I caused any damage. Back together now and the beam is a perfect shape with a sharp cut-off, i just need to align them at my local MOT station with their beam alignment checker.

Most of the ones on Ebay are not approved and the MOT guy will soon let you know!

Do your homework first

I hope to have some photos soon, se what you think

Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom