Clearing Malfunctions S211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nellie Spence

Car
E220 CDI Avantgarde - C Coupe 220 cdi
Recently had a license plate bulb error flag up on the "malfunctions" page. Although still both working I decided to change them as they were very black inside the bulb. Took the opportunity to go down the LED route and ordered error free bulbs from the web. Fitted and immediately had both left and right license bulb errors. Returned the bulbs and went back to standard 5w 12v festoons. However, the errors are still there after 1 week and will not clear.

Any thoughts on what might of caused this and how could I clear the errors. Would powering down the CanBus clear the fault?:dk:

Bulb errors clear once the fault has been corrected.

Double check the condition of the contacts, dirty/corroded contacts increase resistance and the system detects a duff lamp?

Sometimes you need to turn light switch to '0' and then back to clear bulb error... otherwise like above plus check wires over tailgate hinge.

Well, took out the boot door card, removed the chrome surround, took out the bulb holders. Cleaned and vaselined all contacts. Replaced and set lights to off and NO malfunction errors.

Not sure which cleared the error as I couldn't say there was any real dirt to be found but sorted and thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom