Clearing 'Scuff Marks' of interior trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damyers

Car
55 reg SLK 55 AMG
Hi

Hope one of you knowledgable Guys or Gals can help.

In my SLK I have the 'rough' trim (cant remember what exactly its called - will look in the literature tonight) that is kinda like rough leather.

The problem is that it scuff's and show fingerprints really easily and I cant clean them off.

I have a special 'soft cloth' that MB supplied and they say to use water and washing up liquid but to no avail.

Has anyone else got the same kinda trim and how do they clean it (any miracle fluids out there?)

Thanks in advance

Dave

Don't know if it would work but I always give baby wipes a go on anything - they're great for cleaning off baked on insects from the front of the car & seem to work on almost any surface/problem.

Added bonus that as they're safe for my son's **** they're probably OK on most finishes as well!

SG CL500 said:
Don't know if it would work but I always give baby wipes a go on anything - they're great for cleaning off baked on insects from the front of the car & seem to work on almost any surface/problem.

Added bonus that as they're safe for my son's **** they're probably OK on most finishes as well!
And his son is 18yrs old (joking) LOL :D :D

Webby said:
And his son is 18yrs old (joking) LOL :D :D

:D :D Ouch!!

If the scuff marks are proving difficult you might want to try using a nail brush or similar to apply the upholstery cleaner.

Always experiment on a piece of interior that is hidden from view though.

Good luck,
John

Try some of these if the piccie works. They are made by a firm called 151tm and I get them from any of my local 'Pound Shops', for a pound!!!.

They suds up only slightly, soon dry off, and dont leave any streaks on plastic (no good for glass though). I use them on my Polo and Coupe and they work perfectly.

Portzy.

PS. No lint either :D

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Will attack it this weekend and see what does the job!

portzy said:
Try some of these if the piccie works. They are made by a firm called 151tm and I get them from any of my local 'Pound Shops', for a pound!!!.

They suds up only slightly, soon dry off, and dont leave any streaks on plastic (no good for glass though). I use them on my Polo and Coupe and they work perfectly.

Portzy.

PS. No lint either :D

:eek: No good I am afraid, Alcohol free <hic>

303 Aerospace Protectant is my recomendation. Good stuff

where do you get this from? does it work on plastic and the metail kick strips?

Goldfish11 said:
303 Aerospace Protectant is my recomendation. Good stuff

303 Products

Website for company is:

www.303products.com

You can source from our friends at Autopia in USA

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+MBWu4u+index.html+

It is cheaper but you have to pay lots of postage, so if included in a big order this is good value.

You can also source in the UK from:

www.thepolishingcompany.com

I treated my wifes Honda FRV with 303. Used the Hi Teck fabric Guard on the seats and Aerospace Protectant on all the plastics. This has made it virtually bullet proof to muck and stains. Much better than all these "super guard" treatments the garages try to sell you.

I even use the Hi Tech Fabric Guard on my Mountain Boots and wifes nice sued boots. Only thing to remember is it takes a few hours to dry! But water just beads and rolls off. Has same effect on car seats.

Goldfish11 said:
Website for company is:

www.303products.com

You can source from our friends at Autopia in USA

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+MBWu4u+index.html+

It is cheaper but you have to pay lots of postage, so if included in a big order this is good value.

You can also source in the UK from:

I treated my wifes Honda FRV with 303. Used the Hi Teck fabric Guard on the seats and Aerospace Protectant on all the plastics. This has made it virtually bullet proof to muck and stains. Much better than all these "super guard" treatments the garages try to sell you.

I even use the Hi Tech Fabric Guard on my Mountain Boots and wifes nice sued boots. Only thing to remember is it takes a few hours to dry! But water just beads and rolls off. Has same effect on car seats.

Thanks for the info Goldfish - Looks like its a guard not a cleaner??

I have now tried most suggestions to no avail. There must be something out there. Anyone else got an SLK (Pammy?) with this leatheresc trim?

Cheers

Dave

Goldfish said:

Hi Goldfish, whats that 303 protectant like? Was thinking of getting some for my dash but the last thing I was it the nasty shiney look! What sort of finish does it leave?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom