Clearing SRS Faults After Removing Front Seats On An A250

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EViS

Car
A250 (W176)
I had the dreaded water leak through the rear vents which flooded the carpet. Stripped the whole interior and everything is now lovely and dry again.

However, I stupidly forgot to disconnect the battery prior to removing both front seats, and now have an SRS "front right / front left malfunction consult workshop" fault. I don't think my Torque Pro and OBDLink MX can clear an SRS fault? Is there a STAR alternative either for Android or Windows which can access SRS data? I know that iCarsoft can do this, but I'd rather not buy a piece of hardware I will only use once.

Thanks for the reply. From some general research, apparently Carly cannot clear SRS either, unless this has now changed and someone can confirm?

I am under the impression that 6 consecutive, successful engine starts with no fault present clears the codes automatically. I think it is often programmed into the ECUs that way to account for one-off errors that were not actually errors, and I have seen it work first hand on some EML illuminating faults.

Safety modules like SRS may be different.

Martin.

I know that iCarsoft can do this, but I'd rather not buy a piece of hardware I will only use once.
How much will someone charge to clear the faults?

If you buy iCarsoft hen you have it available for future use.

Thanks chaps. I'll wait to see if it clears, however I presume that an SRS 'fault' will not. In which case I'll other buy an iCarsoft or pop down to a local indie and have them clear it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom