Clever trick to "reset" the engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
I saw something about this but try as I might I can't find it! Could some kind soul remind me?

Thanks

Evening all-Will this work on my W202, it's a 1996 with the four speed auto box?

reflexboy said:
Evening all-Will this work on my W202, it's a 1996 with the four speed auto box?

not sure but u could easily try... wont do any harm

Hi tried the re set last night and it worked fine on my C320cdi ! The difference was very noticeable with quicker throttle response etc..

reflexboy said:

Should work on most Mercs,
Worked a treat on mine ;)

I tried it out for the first time on mine earlier today, you certainly can tell the difference.

I tried it this morning. Not sure I noticed that much difference (apart from lower mpg !) It did seem a bit perkier though.

culpano said:
It did seem a bit perkier though.

That's classed as a result then.:bannana: :bannana:

Won't work on the four speed autos as they are not electronically controlled with the adaptive ECU :)

Will

Just tried on the "Old 260E" not a scrap of difference. However my gearbox gets spanked anyway with what I carry about these days :crazy: (I have a spare one just in case :D )

OK, Am I right in thinking that this will not work on a W124 220ce?

Also, if it does work than would I have to do this every time I turn the engine on?

I tried this yesterday after carefully checking that the thread hadn't been started on 1st April and it really does make a difference!

My brakes seem sharper too - does it reset SBC as well by any chance, for those of us who brake by wire as well?

Ian B Walker said:
Will try it on the E220 and get back to you Vips

Vips, it works. Scared the ess hach one tee out of me when I set off. Quite rapid :bannana:

Posted about this in my gearbox trouble thread, but just to confirm it worked an absolute treat on my 97 W202. Amazing how much difference a simple trick like that can make - honestly astounded - I've never felt a gearchange as smooth as it is now

So some say it will and some say it won't work and on my 4 speed auto C280, 1996....Will it work or not? Who knows for sure?

Last edited:
4 speed - won't work :)

Tried it out on my C200K W203 and E260 W124. Worked wonderfully on the C, car pulls away far better and holds gearchanges to higher rpm. However, no difference on the E, which has a 4-speed autobox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom