Clicking noise behind CLK270 dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reeeevsy

Hi,

This is my first post on the site, I have a problem on a 2004 CLK 270CDi.
When the car is going along there is a clicking or ticking noise that seams to come from behind the climate control panel, this is really annoying and would appreciate any help that may solve the issue.
Cheers

Welcome aboard.

It's a common problem but can be very time consuming and therefore expensive to fix. The ventilation flaps that open and close to direct air through the various vents and outlets are operated by individual motors and rods. The rods have a habit of breaking and becoming detached at one end or the other. The clicking is the rod flapping around as the motor tries to open or close a vent flap.

Depending on which rod is broken it could be a simple fix, a dash out job or something in between.

Ah.......a duplicate post. I've added a comment on your other one. Basically the same as what Stratman says.

That's great thanks both! Sorry for the double post, wasn't sure on where the best place was to list my question.
I think I may try accessing the area behind the dash area when I have a few hours spare, but judging from the noise what you both predict does make sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom