Clicking Sound at Idle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MilesWFB

Car
2015 C220d S205
Hello everyone,

I have a question, I have had this clicking sound from my car at idle every since I got the car in 2014 and I have always wondered what it was.

Last year and only last year I got an advisory at the MOT for this sound and they listed it as 'vibrations under car'.

Im not really worried as it has been there for the last 7 years but I would like to know what it is.

The sound can be heard between 2 and 5 seconds and it sounds like loads of very fast mouse clicks (sorry but this is the best way I could describe it)

The sounds is not always there but it normally is there when shifting between PRND for a few seconds.

Any help is appreciated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If anyone has any idea that would be appreciated.

sorry couldn't really hear anything apart from a bit of a rumble. Are there any vibrations felt in the car at idle or while driving?

sorry couldn't really hear anything apart from a bit of a rumble. Are there any vibrations felt in the car at idle or while driving?
Sorry the video was not great

It's the clicking sound from exactly 2 seconds for 5 sends in the video.

no vibrations but it normally happens when changing gear and never when driving only ideling

Don't think it is anything bad as it has been there for years and never got worse. (only asking as I have not heard it on other om651)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom