Clicking sound from N/S/R wheel on A207 E350 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dr-Nab

MB Enthusiast
Car
B8.5 S5 Coupe 430hp/520nm
Evening all, just a quick one...

Recently refitted my AMG 18s and now I've noticed a clicking sound coming from the right rear wheel only at all speeds and in drive or reverse, it's like a plastic clicking sound when the wheel rotates, can't see a great deal right now (can't be bothered to take the wheel off at this time) I figured I'll wait until the morning to have a proper look but does anyone have any suggestions what to look for?

From what I can see: the calipers and spokes have plenty of clearance so it can't be that, there doesn't appear to be anything catching the hub, the lug bolts don't look out of place (i.e. are straight) and are tightened up nicely.

All I can think is that the brake disc could be catching on the heatshield/surround? Or something to that effect. Any ideas so I can go in and have a good go at sorting it out tomorrow morning?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Nab

Sounds like your wheel bolt(s) are hitting the handbrake shoes. Jack up offending wheel, loosen bolts slightly and rotate wheel.

spot on i would say a slightly shorter bolt needed

The bolts are the MB ones as they're my standard wheels? I did have spacers on for the aftermarket wheels so the calipers cleared the spokes but the bolts that came with the wheels were a standard size (spacers are only 3mm so didn't need extended bolts)

Thanks for the advice will try it and see!

They only need to touch the shoes. If that is the issue just grind a mm of the end.

Just been out and checked, noticed that one of the bolts was an aftermarket one as didn't have the MB star on the end of it - changed it over, quick drive up the road clicking noise gone!

Result, thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom