Clicking sounds from air vents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonoF1amg

Car
Mercedes C220 BlueTEC Sport
Hi
I have the W205 C220 bluetec Sport. Can anybody tell me what the clicking sound is that seems to come from around the area of the outside air vents inside the car not long after you start the engine is this normal?

Thanks

Read it as W209, can't help I'm afraid

Last edited:
Sounds like a stepper motor issue.

It's not normal to hear a clicking sound after the engine has started.

Thanks for that. I have the car booked in for a service shortly so will have this investigated as it's still in warranted :thumb:

Mine does this too. It will be a flap sticking in the ventilation system as it "wakes up". Always 30 seconds or so after start up, on the passenger side. I'd rather live with it than have them take my dashboard apart! :D

Hi
I have the W205 C220 bluetec Sport. Can anybody tell me what the clicking sound is that seems to come from around the area of the outside air vents inside the car not long after you start the engine is this normal?

Thanks
No, it is not normal , and as far as I understand it could be a BIG fix , not technically challenging but very time consuming and we all know in a workshop 'time is money'....your money.

Thanks for your comment.
As this is not normal and could be a big job as mentioned I think I'd rather have this rectified under warranty than just leave it and put up with the sound it might get worse or something fail?
At the end of day I'm not paying anything.

First pf all put it on a STAR. That will tell the garage which flap(s) are faulty and therefore if it's a quick job or a dash out one.

Then again, if it's covered by the warranty just get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom