Climate control digital display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TMP

Car
2000 CLK 230 Cabriolet
The climate digital display for a C200 sport coupe can it be fitted in place of the standard one that you get with the SE pack.

it can be done, its not easy and you have to take apart the whole of your front car, steering , airbags, dash, etc etc and unless you have a donor car and bags of time - forget it.

Ahh I thought the difference between the climate that came with the SE pack and the Luxury climate was the display in the dash.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TMP @ Dec. 11 2002,05:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ahh I thought the difference between the climate that came with the SE pack and the Luxury climate was the display in the dash.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
oh...

let me do some investigations then...

Have any luck

Reading a thread that it is possible.

Something about a Climatronic unit

A 209 830 02 85 I think thats a US part and they are around $300

The only thing that you dont get is a carbon filter thinking about it the 581 upgrade is £425 so it could be the unit plus a filter.

After some more reading

This is the correct part number that they are fitting in the C-Coupe

A 203 830 09 85

Is this part avail in the UK anyone know

There is a superceded part number of

A 203 830 02 85

but this one gives problems or wont work at all

Originally posted by TMP
After some more reading

This is the correct part number that they are fitting in the C-Coupe

A 203 830 09 85

Is this part avail in the UK anyone know

There is a superceded part number of

A 203 830 02 85

but this one gives problems or wont work at all

If you want I can ask my stealership parts dept when they open on Friday, I usually get a little discount so it could be a tiny bit cheaper, if it can be ordered at all.

I would be amazed if it was a 209 part number btw, that means it's from the new w209 CLK! Nice :D . Never seen a part number from that series before :)

Yes, this can be done and is as easy as unplugging and plugging (tried that on my fathers W203 C200k). I tried the swap with this unit: 203 830 05 85 ....no problems at all.

greetingz,

ok I just checked those part number with my stealership.

A 203 830 09 85 has become A 209 830 02 85.

price is £144.93 +VAT, I would probably get about 10% discount if I was to order this from my stealership parts dept (although not from the guy I spoke to cause he never gives me any :( )

Originally posted by Shude
A 203 830 09 85 has become A 209 830 02 85

The new version of the part is reported as not working on a C200 Coupe ???

They are saying MB has changed somthing to stop you fitting it ??

Ummmm :(

just asked again:

203 830 05 85 | £243 +VAT | "operation unit"

gawd knows what that means.

Humm I will pop down my local MB and have a look at the picture I am starting to loose the plot now with all of these part numbers.

Thanks for trying will let you know.

Must find a friendly parts person down here.

Last edited:
Originally posted by TMP
Humm I will pop down my local MB and have a look at the picture I am starting to loose the plot now with all of these part numbers.
I have done two 203s with the 203 830 05 85 now...no problem.

greetingz,

203 830 05 85 has been replaced by part number 209 830 02 85 and from what I have read the 209 part number wont work you get no control over the hot air direction I think it only blows down on the floor

Last edited:
Mine arrives tomorrow :bannana: found last 203 part number in the UK in stock at a dealer.

When I rang got them to read me the part number from the case of the display just for an easy mind.

Last edited:
Yep it arrived today :bannana:

climatronic.jpg

The 203 830 05 85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom