Climate Control problems following screen replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad it looks like your there. It's a shame garages don't use even modest fault finding to track this sort of thing down. If you lived up in the Midlands, I would have volunteered to use my iCarsoft pro and just have a look at the data. The iCarsoft was on a group buy from this forum in the past 12 months (£150-200 range I think) and it literally takes 5 minutes max to look at all climate sensor readouts.

My view is that if a garage hasn't invested in a decent fault scanner for a few hundred quid and can't figure out to look at this sort of thing, I couldn't trust them with most jobs. Except maybe hitting things with hammers.

I'm not a mechanical/car expert by any means; I've just tinkered with my car for a few simple bits and pieces here and there, and take time to learn. My amateur skills, knowledge and equipment should ALWAYS be eclipsed by people doing this as their profession.
Again, thanks MrGreedy. I have just contacted the iCarsoft pro dealer to ask them to recommend the correct scanner model for my 2006 A209 in the hope that with Black Friday on the near horizon there may be a good deal to be had. In defence of my regular indie man who has serviced and trouble-shot my car very well and helpfully for the past 5 years, he has 4 scanners (I think) including a Snap-On one and another (whose brand I did not note) that was reeling out pages (screens) of incredibly in-depth info which he was doggedly working through. As this was my 3rd visit to him on the same topic and following the excellent advice on the forum to "stop guessing and get the car plugged into a STAR analyser" - I figured that my long-term relationship with him and his garage would benefit from doing just that!! Once the new light unit containing the sensor has arrived in 7-10 days time I will see whether this was the right move!! Fingers very crossed until then! And... my indie garage man has not charged me a penny for his time spent try to sort out the fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom