Climate Control Swap - Need SDS programming help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mackhack

Car
2004 E320 & E55 AMG
Hello,

I have a 2440 E320 and I swapped the original climate control with the one from a E500 (the one with the display). Now I wanted to use DAS (in dev. mode) to set up the car so it knows the new unit. But I would need some help. I read that some guys from the UK or at least from this forum had done this swap before and I hope I could get some useful help and some information. I read out the fault codes already and post it into my post here.

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• Fault Code.PNG
    Fault Code.PNG
    74.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 01.PNG
    Picture 01.PNG
    54.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 02.PNG
    Picture 02.PNG
    55.2 KB · Views: 136
Here are some more screenshots

Attachments

• Picture 03.PNG
    Picture 03.PNG
    56.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 04.PNG
    Picture 04.PNG
    56.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 05.PNG
    Picture 05.PNG
    55.9 KB · Views: 136
Check the coding in adaptations.

How do I do that? I went through literally every menu and submenu. Could you help me in pointing into the right direction?

Retrofitting the digital climate control to a car involves a lot more than just changing the front panel if you want it exactly as per factory. There are flap motors and additional ducting to be installed. I suspect what you are seeing is the control unit complaining that it cant see one or more of the flap motors. This being so, then the error will stay until you fit those flap motors.

You can make the system work adequately by simply normalising the air vents.

Retrofitting the digital climate control to a car involves a lot more than just changing the front panel if you want it exactly as per factory. There are flap motors and additional ducting to be installed. I suspect what you are seeing is the control unit complaining that it cant see one or more of the flap motors. This being so, then the error will stay until you fit those flap motors.

You can make the system work adequately by simply normalising the air vents.

Hi Alfie, I never intended to make it a true 4-Zone. All I wanted was the better E500 Climate Control Unit. Not more not less. I know that there are more flap motors and actuators in a 4-Zone car.

Now my question again is: How can I make the system adequately work by simply normalizing the air vents?

I went to the normalizing function in DAS but it aborted. I believe that happened b/c my car wasn't warmed up. The prerequisite says Coolant temp >60 and my car hasn't been moved for hours before I did that.

Should I drive around for a few minutes to heat up the engine and do that again? If not what else would I need to do to make it working in my car without the faults?

Also can someone confirm that the right air flow control wheel doesn't do anything in my car???

Would that be the right spot?

Control Units/Air Conditioning/C-AAC Convenience automatic air conditioning/Control Unit Adaptation/Normalizing of positioning motors

Nobody with more help?

Attachments

• Normalizing of positioning motors.PNG
    Normalizing of positioning motors.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 114
I assume normalising of position motors is halted because the control unit cannot find all actuators (because they are not there in the car). But could it be that those actuators that do exist, got properly normalised? If you try to control individual flaps from open to close, shouldn't it indicate if the control unit does it properly?

I know a similar swap is popular on the W203, does anyone know if some specific adaptations were necessary in that case, in addition to normalising motors?

I assume normalising of position motors is halted because the control unit cannot find all actuators (because they are not there in the car). But could it be that those actuators that do exist, got properly normalised? If you try to control individual flaps from open to close, shouldn't it indicate if the control unit does it properly?

I know a similar swap is popular on the W203, does anyone know if some specific adaptations were necessary in that case, in addition to normalising motors?

I agree with you.

There is a sequence of key presses on the actual climate control that will normalise the vents. I cant find it in amongst my info at present. Anyone remember what it was?

I agree with you.

There is a sequence of key presses on the actual climate control that will normalise the vents. I cant find it in amongst my info at present. Anyone remember what it was?

This would be so helpful. I really like the new unit. I just drove someone to the airport and I played with the left side air flow control wheel. It seems that the airflow is controllable. The temp. as well and AC also. REST worked as I came home turned the car off and pressed the AC off/REST button. Charcoalfilter I don't have so I didn't use that one. Thr rear button works but of course there is nothing to set for the rear so I didn't do anything with that either.

Go to the electronics forum main page: Electronics - MBClub UK Forums

Click search this forum on the top right and search for the word 'normalize' or 'normalizing'. The search will bring up previous threads on this subject and hopefully one will have the key sequence on it.

Is it the Defrost Windshield and Recirculation button? These look and feel like rockers and only one can be pressed down at the time.

clima

hi
whitch unit did you buy, was it plug and play, have you any guide or pictures of the job

hi
whitch unit did you buy, was it plug and play, have you any guide or pictures of the job
Hi there,

I didn't take any pictures although I had it apart twice and I wanted to take some in the first place but I could take some if you really want me to take the car apart again a 3rd time. Yes it was Plug and play. Part # 2118300685

I will create a detailed installation guide and post it for you in this post.

Hi there,

I didn't take any pictures although I had it apart twice and I wanted to take some in the first place but I could take some if you really want me to take the car apart again a 3rd time. Yes it was Plug and play. Part # 2118300685

I will create a detailed installation guide and post it for you in this post.

no you dont need to take the car apart again for me...
but the guide will be nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom