Climate Control.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kerabo

Car
2006 C220 Estate
2006 220cdi est.
I blew the dust out on my climate control With a blow gun but From 6” away and now once the engine is warm It blows full Speed hot or full cold. No in between heat settings. are there any resets I could try? I also blew out the fan vents in the roof.
I have done the Flap reset.
If I fit a replacement dash control unit will it have to be linked in on the Mercedes computer or will it just work?

Thanks

Replacement controller should work, no coding but you might have to do a 'full' flap reset only possible with STAR

Replacement controller should work, no coding but you might have to do a 'full' flap reset only possible with STAR
Thank you

what is the purposes of the two small fans in the roof. I understand they are part of the heater control?

They draw cabin air over the temp sensors

I guess my fault could be up there as well as the vent between the switches.

thanks

Check the vents with tissue paper, do they draw the paper up?
Do you have factory fitted phone pre-wire? If so those vents in the OCP may actually be mics. My 2005 C class only had cabin air temp sensor in the climate control unit.

Check the vents with tissue paper, do they draw the paper up?
Do you have factory fitted phone pre-wire? If so those vents in the OCP may actually be mics. My 2005 C class only had cabin air temp sensor in the climate control unit.
No phone fitted.
thank you for the info.

Ken

I eventually found the correct light/ heater control unit but it made no difference.

it seems this is a common problem with climate control but I have not seen a fix yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom