climate control

Discussion in 'Interior' started by dave e320, Nov 25, 2008.

1. dave e320

dave e320 Active Member

Car:
    mercedes e 320 avantgard
    is there any back lighting behind the climate control on my 1999 e320 avantgarde as i cant see the display when it is dark . if there is how do i get to the light(s) as on the front panel below both auto buttons there is two cutouts .do i insert something in these slots? like you do when withdrawing a stereo. one other thing where can i get a workshop manual for a 1999 e320 avantgard estate ? all replies gratefully recieved...thanks:)

2. C240Sport97

C240Sport97 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SL400 and 911 GT3
    yes, you have to stick some MB "keys" in to release the catch, and it slides out. I think people have managed to use flat thin screw drivers instead.

once out there is a bulb holder in the middle about 1.5 inches from the front .. there is a single pencil lead bulb in there, replace that and voila. get bulb from MB dealer.

I actually did all this myself .. with guidance from my mechanic :)

3. OP
    OP
    dave e320

dave e320 Active Member

Car:
    mercedes e 320 avantgard
    thanx again 240 shall do that this weekend then there shall be light at the end of the tunnel cheers!!