Climatronic Installed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Thanks to et0609 I have now replaced my cars standard climate control with the "luxury" climate control. Installation was easy, remove gear surround trim, remove ashtray, remove climate control trim, unscrew and plug existing unit, replace with new one, drive to MB and get the million fault codes cleared and have the vent motors normalised and bobs your uncle! It does look SO much better.

Before:

Last edited:
After:

This photo not only shows the new climate control but also my hidden smartnav install and my hidden bluetooth parrot install.

Last edited:
Night time view, also shows Aux in screen on Audio 20 and ambient lighting from RVM.

Last edited:
PM already sent to get the title changed from Climamatic to Climatronic!

I like that - having had digital CC in Peugeot 406's for the last 10yrs, the MB control looks very naff. Mind you, the whole system worked much better in the Peugeot - it was real 'set and forget'.

Well done.

I think you will find though its called Luxury Climate control option code 581

Was there anything else you need to change to actually get the full option?

So is Climatronic any better, functionally? Or is it just the digital display?

Well done.

I think you will find though its called Luxury Climate control option code 581

Was there anything else you need to change to actually get the full option?
Do it was plug and play but I did the star machine to normalise the flaps. When you first install it you lose all the motorised vents and it gets a bit hot.

So is Climatronic any better, functionally? Or is it just the digital display?

I'm not sure> It is supposed to be proper climate control with more monitoring of the cars temp/humidity so as to maintain it all at a constant. I think it may be better and I seem to be able to direct more air to the rear.

It definately looks tons better though!

Niiiice!!

I've been thinking about whether the RVM with ambient lighting would fit from the facelifted W211 - is that what you used?

Any part numbers, prices, guide to fitting would be appreciated. ;)

I like that - having had digital CC in Peugeot 406's for the last 10yrs, the MB control looks very naff. Mind you, the whole system worked much better in the Peugeot - it was real 'set and forget'.

funny you should say that , i found that with the MB system too . Constantly fiddling with the dials making the car at the temp you wanted. The bmw is like your pug , leave it at 22 deg and let the car take care of it

Can't wait to see it at the GTG. It's got a few xtra's since the last GTG.

Niiiice!!

I've been thinking about whether the RVM with ambient lighting would fit from the facelifted W211 - is that what you used?

Any part numbers, prices, guide to fitting would be appreciated. ;)

Hi the ambient lighting is standard on all facelifted W203s. I will find out if I can source any though.

Thanks Robert. It seems to have made the hot hotter and the cold colder-everyone in the family agrees so its not just my imagination! It can kick out air so hot or so cold you cant keep your hand in front of the vent. 20c seema about right!

Looks good! :cool:

May I ask what the unit costs (ballpark) :confused:

I'm not sure> It is supposed to be proper climate control with more monitoring of the cars temp/humidity so as to maintain it all at a constant. I think it may be better and I seem to be able to direct more air to the rear.

It definately looks tons better though!

I *think* that functionally, there is other stuff that comes as part of the full Luxury Climate Control option. I believe that the residual heat function has a separate pump, there's a sunshine sensor, and an additional charcoal filter.

I don't suppose that any of that matters in day to day use, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom