CLK 2.7 diesel - heater is poor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reggie musson

Car
CLK 2.7 Diesel
Hi everyone, could anyone help or advise me if I have a fault with my 2004 2.7 Diesel CLK interior heater, as very little warm air comes out when its set to the maximum heat once the engine is warmed up and I am not looking forward to a very cold winter.

Thanks, Reggie

i had this on my CLS, turned out to be a £20 part, but buried in the engine, took hours to fix, Acid at MSL fixed it for me, Brabus K8 on here. Get a Star diagnostic on it if you know someone with one

First thing to check is that your engine is getting up to proper temperature - scroll through the screens with the buttons on the steering wheel, one of them is engine temperature. I had the same problem when I first bought my S203 C270, engine temp was only getting to 60C instead of 80-90C - had the thermostat changed, problem solved - and a side benefit was an increase in MPG from 40+ to 45+!!

Yes its the duo valve as mentioned above.. but a real pain to fit... much more common on W211 though, dont think we have ever done one on a 209.

No duovalve on a 209, so not that.

As said above, check engine runnign temp.

Also, hard to be sure from reading the original post, but is the blower supplying sufficient air flow??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom