CLK 2009 - Remove Comand from cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blobsta

Car
S202 C43 Wagon
Having now spent a small fortune on replacing my weirdly failing amplifier and fitting a new head unit+amp etc. I have found this evening that my clock needs to be set. No problem I thought, simply go to the menu, select Time and Date and.... Hang on; where is the menu option? Oh for F... ...e! You can't do that if you have COMAND, it's done on the stereo itself. Now I have a massive clock in front of me that is some 4 hours out and I'm only going to Birmingham next week which is in the same time zone as Maidstone. Not only that, it will soon (not soon enough) be summer time and it will need to be changed again.

So the question, is there some software that is obtainable relatively cheaply to code this rubbish out of my car or any kind sole in Kent, Surrey, Dorset (or Birmingham) that would do it for me? I don't mind a small outlay but I'm already in a big hole financially for this stereo and it's just one more kick in the trousers that I could do without for my own sanity if not my wallet!

Cheers all.

Only star can do it.

Just wait until midday/midnight, disconnect battery and re-attach, clock will be correct.

So I'm sitting here writing a reply about how it's not a digital clock and that won't work but I have an alarm set for 19:10 to reconnect the battery and I think to myself "you must know it's not digital and why would you say that unless... Also, the clock is an odd amount of hours out as the battery wasn't off for that long overall"

I go outside and reconnect the battery, clock resets to 12:00. Shame it was 12:05 when I read your message! :wallbash: Not as far out as it was but wrong is wrong. I'll have to do it again another day/night now but I need this fixed properly going to need to talk to my local Indy I guess.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'd have been more annoyed at 7 o'clock tonight :).

Went to my local Indy yesterday and we couldn't find COMAND in the cluster or gateway, can anyone shed any light on where it is so that we can remove it?
This is a rubbish clock-set procedure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom