Clk 200k Instrument cluster and cigarette lighter failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin90

Car
CLK 200K Avantgarde convertible
I have CLK200k Avantgarde convertible 2008, MOT'd in November 2021. The car was working fine on Monday it was parked off road and not used until Saturday when the key was inserted the instrument cluster was blank, the clock had stopped, steering wheel controls did not work, the horn did not function and the cigarette lighter had no output. Everything else was fine i.e. headlights, windows audio system was fine and indicators were fine. I drove the car for 120 miles over the Christmas period using a satnav as a speedometer. Before I pay for a fault code check has anybody any idea what the problem could be?

Last edited:
Any fuse cover the list of faults you have mentioned ?
Any oil in the front cam magnet plugs ? That may have migrated into the front Sam .
Might be worth buying an icarsoft MB2 if you are at all handy at diy stuff .

A weak battery can cause the issues you describe. I would get the battery checked but then again a 120 mile continuous drive would have charged up the battery.

Also have a look at:

A weak battery can cause the issues you describe. I would get the battery checked but then again a 120 mile continuous drive would have charged up the battery.

Also have a look at:

Op hasn’t checked the forum since he posted , so I guess he isn’t too bothered 😕

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom