Clk 209 steering squeak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JackBvmb

Car
Clk 280 and Clk55
Hi,
I think the rubber pocket that my steering wheel fits into is dry and needs spraying but I have no idea how to get to it.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks

Also, how do I get the trim off that surrounds the gear stick without breaking it.

Cheers!

Hi,

depends which part of the steering wheel you are talking about. The seal around the column that would go into the engine bay would be accessible by removing the trim under the dash, screws I would presume. You should be able to see from there. Use a silicone or ptf, not wd40.
For the gear trim cover use a plastic trim tool to gently prise it up. Plenty of “how too’s” on Youtube.

Hi,

depends which part of the steering wheel you are talking about. The seal around the column that would go into the engine bay would be accessible by removing the trim under the dash, screws I would presume. You should be able to see from there. Use a silicone or ptf, not wd40.
For the gear trim cover use a plastic trim tool to gently prise it up. Plenty of “how too’s” on Youtube.
Thanks. I've had a look on YouTube but can't find much for the CLKs and anything I do find is for the 208.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom