CLK 220 Any good with winter tyres???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercalot

Car
E350CDI Sport & SLK250 Sport
I am sorry that this might have come up before. But I would like info from CLK owners with actual experience with winter tyres. I am going to buy a CLK 220. It is for my wife and she is worried about the car in the snow. I have an E350 sport and I managed perfectly with winter tyres fitted. Is the CLK worse than other Mercs? If any one has experience with a CLK with winter tyres please tell me if they are ok or not? My wife has a Mini cooper at the moment and I do not want to put her to risk just because the CLK is a bargain price.

I left a BMW X3 behind pulling away from traffic lights in 6" of snow, does that answer your question? And my wife drives mine all winter too.

Russ

rf065 said:
I left a BMW X3 behind pulling away from traffic lights in 6" of snow, does that answer your question? And my wife drives mine all winter too.

Russ

Thanks Russ, I have seen a lot of negatives on other threads with comments from people who do not use winters with no positive direction. Your reply will do me thank you.

Last year in the snow I drove my CLK with no major problems on summer tyres - Michelin primacy sport. Much better with the traction control switched off. I am sure it would have been better with winter tyres. The SLK was virtually unusable with the same size wheels/tyres. Interestingly our daughters mini on 17 inch wheels and summer tyres coped with everything with no problems at all.

I drove my CLK last year with winter tyres with only one problem encountered.
Winter tyres do not compensate for driver stupidity so when I drove down a steep hill in 6" of snow to my parents house I really shouldn't have been surprised that I had to dig the car out at the bottom.
It felt really safe going down however...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom