CLK 230 Comp Conv Boot lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

machhojome

Car
CLK230 K Convertible
Hi all,
Ive googled to death the obvious recurring issue with the boot lock on the model (1999). Ive Wd 40'd it, toothbrushed it, wiggled and waggled it etc etc etc.....i think im at the end of the road and or my capability - But i still dont have a working boot and am looking to sell the car so i need it done. Other than that its a beautiful two owner model....

Any pointers please

Does anyone know where i can get a full lock system for the boot - Ebay is empty on this one.

Thanks

Hi,
You can remove the lock from the car and disassemble it, fiddly but possible, and zero cost to you.

Persistance and are you getting the WD40 right in with a straw? People have persisted before and freed them.

CLK has folding rear seats doesn't it, and Andy says unbolt dismantle and free up.

Have faith

I had the same problem and freed mine but it took a couple of hours over the course of a couple of days. Keep squirting in the WD40 and hold the key which is fiddly (as you know) with a piece of cloth and just keep turning backward and forwards.

In case you weren't aware, it open with 1/8 of a turn anti-clockwise and you then press the button at this point.

Good luck

...hold the key which is fiddly (as you know) with a piece of cloth and just keep turning backward and forwards...
Used a pair of pliers on mine, obviously being careful not to overdo it.

mine took about 2 hours of constant raking and twisting to get it to free off...stick at it, will almost certainly free in the end

Oh yeah forgot to say as well - if possible put the wd-40 on with the boot open as well as closed - that way it sinks down into and across the lock rather than one or the other

alternatively - i see at least 6 w208s up for breaking on ebay - maybe one of those can help, although id check them first as they all probly have the same problem

CLK 230 W208 - is convertible same as saloon

Hi thanks for all those answers ive tried them all to no avail im afraid.

Two options i think.....

Ive stripped down the lock assembly as far as i can but cannot remove the lock bolt which is where im guessing the main problem is - Any ideas on how i get this out of its tight fitting hole.

Secondly does anyone know is the lock assembly on the convertible is the same as that on a clk230 saloon? There appear to be more saloons breaking here as you would expect..

All help appreciated

I would get a new one from mb they are not that expensive. £80 IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom