Clk 230 komp wrong fuel!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
Clk 230 compressor 1998
Hi all. I have made the dreaded mistake of putting diesel in my petrol clk. Doe anyone know how I drain the fuel from the tank? I have tryed putting a hose down the filler neck but can't get past the anti theft things in the neck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That thing you cant get past is the exact thing to stop you putting in the bigger diesel nozzle in to a petrol filling neck so you must have been pretty forcefull to get it past.

I can get the hose down the neck to the bottom. It's not the thing at the top that's stopping it. Thanks for the criticism, I need help not that thanks

How much diesel was it? im sure you can buy syphon hand pumps from halfords, perhaps you can get to the fuel out take pipe underneath?

I have tryed a few things from various forums on the net, including: using the fuel pump but it stops after a few seconds. Have I got to remove the tank to get the fuel out? There's half a tank of diesel with 1/4 tank of petrol in it :(

There is no way of getting to the tank from under the seats, it has 2 senders and the front of the split tank

Where abouts in the UK are you?

Indeed, as Andy said, where about are you?
I got a wee pump that will do the trick if you are not too far away from Edinburhg.
Olivier

Disconnect the fuel pipe at the engine end, short out the fuel pump relay or make a new 12v feed with a wire, then it will pump dry.

A small volume of diesel won't do any harm as long as the engine will start, it will act as an upper cylinder lubricant.

Hi I often siphon a bit of petrol from my late SL using a piece of garden hose for the lawn mower!
If you can get hose in the tank just suck to create the siphon, not sure where you put it all though as I guess you will have 10 galls or so.
Then fill tank with at least 5 galls petrol and top up at the nearest garage.
Good luck with this
Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom