CLK 230K engine change complications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CraigBEDS

Car
CLK230K
After the timing chain snapped I am having the engine changed. Seems the engine needed a lot of modification to fit, now the sump. My worry is that the engine management system will not allow it to start. Is this going to happen as I have spent a fortune already! Any advice please?

The engine wiring loom plugs into the car through several connectors in the module case just compare the connectors from your old engine to the ones on your new engine.
If they are the same no probs, if they are different you will need to fit your old engine loom to the new engine, quite simple to do, but the difficulty may arise if there are slightly different type sensors in different places, in which case you may have to be swapping sensors from one engine to the other, or even parts of the engine to enable the correct sensors to be in the correct place on the engine.
You don,t say what car your new engine came from?
When you bought the engine did you buy an engine to match the first six digits of your old engine?

Now the exhaust manifold won't fit or something, I was on holiday and the mechanic was to scared to call and tell me, as he also had to tell me that so far the £200 for changing it has gone up to £600, now this so they stopped work on it until I got back today.

What's going on? Should I tell them to carry on? I don't have a clue.

Apparently it is in, but running like a dog and the manifold wont fit.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom