CLK 230K Engine Remap - For or Against???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LocheeLad

Car
CLK 230 Kompressor Coupe
Hi all,
I've just joined the forum and thought I'd ask the experts (yes...that's you :rock:) for your advice on the following...
My wife recently gave me a CLK 230K (W208) for my 40th birthday (yes I know...I'm a very lucky guy ;) ) but I want to know if it is worth getting the engine remapped to boost the power, torque, etc, available and allegedly provide better fuel economy.

Has anyone used these services, and if so what was the result?
Was it a worthwhile expenditure and if so do you have any firm recommendations?

I'm looking forward to reading your expert opinions on this topic :thumb:
Cheers and very many thanks for the warm welcome I have received on the forum :bannana:

Depends on the year of your CLK, pre facelift (before 2000) cars don't respond well to remapping and it's an ECU job out of the car and soldering to do it. Post 2000 cars don't really map that well either.

Your cheapest power upgrade is to change either the supercharger pulley or the crank pulley to get more performance out of the supercharger.

Personally I would not waste your money on a remap. I have the same car with a Brabus K1 tuning package (which includes the pulley swap) and I went into engine mods to get more power but that route is not cheap.

Pulley and belt from ASP racing in USA is your cheapest pounds for points upgrade

link HERE

There really isn't any point of remapping this engine if you haven't modified anything else

Thanks for the advice Flanaia1, really appreciate you taking the time to explain the pros and cons of this and other options available

Thanks Adam230K for the guidance, I'm a newbie to all this so I really appreciate your advice, cheers bud

My main advice would be dont listen to anyone on here for tuning advice.
You'll end up with a SprintBooster or a K&N panel filter which do nothing or spending 2k with Brabus to get 20bhp.

But at the same time, remapping doesnt do much to these. Overall, just say no.

Saved yourself some money then! :thumb:

Turbo charged engines respond well to remaps, anything else is a waste unless going the whole hog which is very expensive.

Russ

rf065 & CompR:
It seems to me that you are both right and that remapping this particular model isn't worth the expense...I'm just going to invest in an nice set of alloys so that at least it looks the part :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom