Clk 230k or 320 which ones the better car?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

will lam

Car
jeep grand cherokee
Hi guys

Well Am going to view 2 CLK's tomorrow both similar mileage (70k) and both has fsh. Both cars are auto and spec wise fully loaded, although the 320 has the amg alloys that am wanting.
Just wondering which will be the better out of the 2

Thanks

Personally I prefer the 320. Beautiful silky smooth engine - better than a Toyota v6, good fuel consumption, reliable as hell and great power delivery. If you like ragging the pants off it, go for the 230. Great with the supercharger, almost as quick as the 320, possibly even more reliable, great with a manual box but coarse and raucous. Of course there is always the 430...

jut received a call from the owner of the 320, apparently the eml came on today :(

If you do a search I've posted on this loads of times but it depends what you want out of a car

A sound reliable cruiser, refined and elegant then its the 320

A sporty drive with a raucous growl, less refinement then it has to be the 230,

No difference in terms of Power or fuel consuption

Don't buy a 230k with an auto box its not a happy marriage and thats where the 320 wins hands down

+1 As above
You have worded it better than me so I deleted what I was writing, exactly as Flango says.

I just got my self a '98.CLK320 and I can surely say you would be a happy person after driving the 320. Press the pedal lightly and you get a reassuring but discrete response. Press the pedal fast and the speed needle moves like.melting butter.

A very smooth and refined engine, with a great note in the cabin and.outside. Gear changes are hardly noticeable and obviously the CLK is a perfectly designed, I'm sure many will agree with this.

Its a great car, I would personally make the decision out of the two by considering maintenance history + drive, assuming both have a fairly average to good body condition. Good luck

Of course there is always the 430...

This. The difference in consumption between V6 and V8 of that era is 1 mpg. No reason not to go for 430 if you can afford to buy it.

Hi guys

Well Am going to view 2 CLK's tomorrow both similar mileage (70k) and both has fsh. Both cars are auto and spec wise fully loaded, although the 320 has the amg alloys that am wanting.
Just wondering which will be the better out of the 2

Thanks

The one that the roof comes off.........:p
I have the 320 and can not fault it:thumb:

Tony.

Definitely the 320 everytime. This would be the M112 engine, they're pretty damn reliable.

Naturally condition and history is important but I'd highly recommend a 6 cylinder or V6 over the 4 cylinder any day.

Neither walk away !

Buy the 320. Superb engines, much smoother and more powerful than the 230K.

Changes the whole experience of the drive IMHO - 4-cyl is too 'try hard' whereas the V6 is refined but has the power on tap too.

Get the seller to have it plugged in and fixed and take the 320. Probably something simple - they are very reliable usually :thumb:

I have decided to go for a 6 cylinder,as I alway had 6 cylinders in the past but BMWs and love the grunt! Going to look at another one tomorrow as the one previous have given me doubts.. It belong to a doctor who said it had full service history but haven't. Spoken to him today again and he said the service book was lost by previous owners. Then when I ask him how long he had it, apparently only since October 2014 :s

Anyway the one am going to look at tomorrow is a 2003 clk 320 advangrade only 105k with full service history. But apparently only downside is the parking sensor not working, and on last mot, nsf ball joint worn. Are the ball joints expensive?

Thank for the advices

V8 is what you need ;)

that would be nice :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom