clk 270 209 headlight switch removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alf1956

Car
clk270 55 plate diesel
Hello fellow members
I am trying to take out the headlight switch panel which also houses the headlight washer switch as the switch is sticking, I have taken of the end cover where the fuses are & I can see 2 x silver steel clips that look like they hold the panel I cannot see how to remove the clips, that's if they are what actually hold the light panel in.

You need to remove the park brake release handle to get at the two screws that go into the underside of the switch. There is also a little lever that will release the wiring plug from the switch body.

You need to remove the park brake release handle to get at the two screws that go into the underside of the switch. There is also a little lever that will release the wiring plug from the switch body.
Hello Trickythemerc, when the 2 x screws underneath near the handbrake lever are taken out will the unit come straight out or do the 2 x silver steel clips hold it in ? Thank you for your reply

Yes it will come out easy enough, if you push the clip you can see through the end of the dash and then try and get your fingers round the other side to press the other one in.

Yes it will come out easy enough, if you push the clip you can see through the end of the dash and then try and get your fingers round the other side to press the other one in.
Thank you very much for your advice I will be on the job tomorrow after work when its light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom