CLK 270 CDI Smoke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cobra2222

Car
E350 CDI Coupe
Hi all,

I've had a long on going issue with my 55 plate CLK 270 smoking on acceleration and wondered is it just because I don't do the mileage to warrant a diesel?

I do about 6 miles daily to work which isn't far and prob about 20miles on motorway once a fortnight, car was fine in service and MOT and I cant feel anything wrong at all and get good mpg from the short trips. When the car was in for the service I mentioned the smoking issue but the garage said there's nothing wrong with it and couldn't replicate the issue, the garage was 30miles away so I wonder if the car cleaned out on the motorway trip there? as soon as the car was back home it started again.

the car kicks out a massive smoke cloud if I accelerate really hard which I kind of expect if it was to clean out all the bunged up soot but will continue to do it every time I accelerate over about 2k revs, on the motorway I can look in my rear view mirror and see smoke constantly coming out as I am accelerating (easily noticeable at night more than day in other cars headlights) :(

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, don't really want to have to sell and switch to petrol unless I have to.

Last edited:
A boost leak or an EGR fault I expect.

Hi Guys,

The car has EGR Mapped out so could very well be a Boost leak.

If you don't want to travel far for a boost leak test I know a garage in Woking otherwise Olly at PCS (Above) can get it sorted.

Olly could the EGR be stuck open even if mapped out?

Cheers,

i have tested the car after speaking to Olly and confirmed that after booting the car and clearing out the soot i can't see it kick out a plume of smoke again during the day but one question i had is that is smoke/mist every time you accelerate past 2k (when you can hear the turbo kick in) revs at night normal? i can see it in my rear view mirror from others headlights.. if i join the motorway and boot it i can look back and see a massive cloud of mist/smoke left behind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom